DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,406,332
|Title:||Systems, devices, and method for treating a sinus condition|
|Abstract:||Systems, devices, and methods may be used for delivery of an implant to a bodily cavity. The implant may include a hub and a plurality of legs, and may be moveable between a low-profile and expanded configuration. The systems may include a crimping device having a crimping member with a plurality of arms. The plurality of arms may engage the plurality of legs of the implant, and may move the legs to move the implant to the low-profile configuration. In some instances a delivery device may aid in crimping and/or delivery of the implant.|
|Inventor(s):||Abbate; Anthony J. (Santa Clara, CA)|
|Assignee:||Intersect ENT, Inc. (Menlo Park, CA)|
1. An expandable implant for placement in a sinus or a nasal cavity comprising: a hub, wherein the hub is formed from a biodegradable copolymer at a first composition ratio and
comprises a plurality of apertures extending through the hub, each of said plurality of apertures comprising a first aperture segment and a second aperture segment separated by a hollow interior of the hub; and a plurality of filaments, wherein each
filament of the plurality of filaments is formed from the biodegradable copolymer at a second composition ratio different from the first composition ratio, and wherein each filament of the plurality of filaments is positioned in a corresponding aperture
of the plurality of apertures such that a portion of the filament extends through each of the first aperture segment, the second aperture segment, and the hollow interior of the hub to define a first leg on a first side of the hub and a second leg on a
second side of the hub, and further wherein the expandable implant is sized and shaped for placement within the sinus or the nasal cavity.
2. The implant of claim 1 wherein each filament comprises a first straight segment, a second straight segment, and a curved segment positioned between the first straight segment and the second straight segment.
3. The implant of claim 2 wherein the curved segment of each filament is positioned in the corresponding aperture to position the first straight segment on the first side of the hub and the second straight segment on the second side of the hub.
4. The implant of claim 1 wherein each filament is an extruded polymer filament.
5. The implant of claim 4 wherein the hub is an injection molded hub.
6. The implant of claim 1 wherein the plurality of filaments are formed from one or more biodegradable materials.
7. The implant of claim 1 further comprising a drug-releasing coating.
8. The implant of claim 1 wherein the plurality of filaments form a plurality of legs having a first length and a second length, the first length being different from the second length.
9. The implant of claim 1 wherein the first length is about 20 mm and the second length is about 25 mm.
10. The implant of claim 1 wherein at least one of the plurality of filaments has a rectangular cross-sectional shape.
11. The implant of claim 1 wherein at least one of the plurality of filaments has an oval cross-sectional shape.
12. The implant of claim 1 wherein at least one of the plurality of filaments has a circular cross-sectional shape.
13. The implant of claim 1 wherein the drug-releasing coating comprises mometasone furoate.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.