DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,307,368
|Title:||Compositions containing alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components|
|Abstract:||Compositions useful for improving effectiveness of alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components include carrier components, alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components, solubility enhancing components which aid in solubilizing the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components. In one embodiment, the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components include alpha-2-adrenergic agonists. In another embodiment, the solubility enhancing components include carboxymethylcellulose.|
|Inventor(s):||Graham; Richard (Irvine, CA), Bakhit; Peter (Huntington Beach, CA), Olejnik; Orest (Coto De Caza, CA)|
|Assignee:||ALLERGAN, INC. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A therapeutically effective aqueous ophthalmic composition for use in reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma and ocular
hypertension comprising: a solution containing 0.1% (w/v) of a compound selected from the group consisting of brimonidine, a salt of brimonidine, and an ester of brimonidine, wherein the solution further comprises an oxy-chloro preservative and
carboxymethyl cellulose, wherein the composition has a pH between 7.0-8.0.
2. The composition of claim 1 which comprises about 0.1% (w/v) of brimonidine tartrate.
3. The composition of claim 1 which comprises 0.1% (w/v) of brimonidine tartrate.
4. The composition of claim 3 wherein the carboxymethyl cellulose enhances the solubility of brimonidine tartrate in solution.
5. The composition of claim 3 further comprising boric acid.
6. The composition of claim 3 further comprising sodium borate.
7. The composition of claim 3 further comprising hydrochloric acid.
8. The composition of claim 7 wherein the composition has a pH of 7.4-8.0.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.