DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,292,937
|Title:||Methods of treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder|
|Abstract:||Therapeutic compositions and methods for treatment of attention deficit disorder (ADD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) include dosage forms that deliver a therapeutic amount of active drug in a delayed and controlled release formulation. The dosage form can be administered at night and drug release is delayed for from 5 to 7 hours or longer, followed by an ascending release rate. When administered at night the composition provides early morning improvement in symptoms of ADHD and sustained improvement over a period of at least 12 hours.|
|Inventor(s):||Lickrish; David (Grand Cayman, KY), Zhang; Feng (Pflugerville, TX)|
|Assignee:||IRONSHORE PHARMACEUTICALS & DEVELOPMENT, INC. (Camana Bay, KY)|
1. A method of treating a subject with a disorder or condition responsive to the administration of a methylphenidate, comprising: orally administering an effective
amount of a methylphenidate or a pharmaceutical salt thereof in a formulation comprising one or more water soluble capsules containing a unit dose of methylphenidate or a pharmaceutical salt thereof in a solid dosage form that comprises a plurality of
beads, wherein said beads comprise a sustained release formulation comprising the methylphenidate or a pharmaceutical salt thereof enclosed in a delayed release coating that is insoluble in an aqueous medium at pH below 5.5, wherein the sustained release
formulation comprises a drug-containing core enclosed in a sustained release coating comprising ethyl cellulose and hydroxypropyl cellulose in a ratio of about 1:3 to 1:5, dibutyl sebacate and from 25% to 50% magnesium stearate, and wherein the method
comprises administering the unit dose form 5-8 hours prior to the desired treatment period.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the delayed release coating comprises methacrylic acid copolymer type-B, mono- and di-glycerides and polysorbate 80.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein administration of the formulation is timed to administer the drug prior to a subject's bed time and to allow the subject to sleep during a period of absorption of less than 5% of the total therapeutic dose and to have absorbed a therapeutic level of drug at the anticipated time of awakening.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is administered at night.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is administered once a day.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is administered more than once a day.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is administered to a patient in a fasted state.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the disorder or condition is attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, excessive daytime sleepiness, major depressive disorder, bipolar depression, negative symptoms in schizophrenia, chronic fatigue, fatigue associated with chemotherapy or binge eating disorder.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the disorder or condition is attention deficit disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the disorder is binge eating disorder.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.