DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,232,152
|Title:||Systems, devices, and method for treating a sinus condition|
|Abstract:||Described here are systems, devices, and methods for delivery of an implant to a bodily cavity. The implant may include a hub and a plurality of legs, and may be moveable between a low-profile and expanded configuration. The systems may include a crimping device having a crimping member with a plurality of arms. The plurality of arms may engage the plurality of legs of the implant, and may move the legs to move the implant to the low-profile configuration. In some instances a delivery device may aid in crimping and/or delivery of the implant.|
|Inventor(s):||Abbate; Anthony J. (Santa Clara, CA)|
|Assignee:||Intersect ENT, Inc. (Menlo Park, CA)|
1. A system for treating one or more conditions comprising: an implant comprising a hub and a plurality of filaments, wherein the hub comprises a plurality of apertures extending
through the hub and wherein each filament of the plurality of filaments is positioned in a corresponding aperture of the plurality of apertures to extend through the hub to define a first leg on a first side of the hub and a second leg on a second side
of the hub; and a crimping device comprising a housing, the housing comprising a recess and a plurality of channels radially extending from the recess, and wherein movement of the hub into the recess rotates the first and second legs toward a
longitudinal axis of the implant to move the implant to a low-profile configuration.
2. The system of claim 1 wherein the crimping device further comprises a crimping member, wherein the crimping member comprises a plurality of arms radially extending from a stem portion, and wherein movement of the stem portion into the recess rotates the plurality of arms relative to the stem portion.
3. The system of claim 1 further comprising a delivery device configured to releasably couple to the implant.
4. A method for treating one or more sinus conditions comprising: advancing an implant to a location in a sinus cavity, sinus ostium or nasal passageway, the implant comprising a hub and a plurality of filaments, wherein the hub comprises a plurality of apertures extending through the hub and wherein each filament of the plurality of filaments is positioned in a corresponding aperture of the plurality of apertures to extend through the hub to define a first leg on a first side of the hub and a second leg on the second side of the hub; delivering the implant; and expanding the implant from a low-profile configuration to an expanded configuration.
5. The method of claim 4 further comprising crimping the implant to move the implant to the low-profile configuration.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.