DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,058,546
|Title:||Pharmaceutical compositions of (R)-1-(2,2-difluorobenzo[D][1,3]dioxo1-5-y1)-N-(1-(2,3-dihydroxypropy1)-6- -fluoro-2-(1-hydroxy-2-methylpropan-2-y1)-1H-indol-5-y1) cyclopropanecarbox-amide and administration thereof|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition comprising Compound 1, (R)-1-(2,2-difluorobenzo[d][1,3]dioxol-5-yl)-N-(1-(2,3-dihydroxypropyl)-6- -fluoro-2-(1-hydroxy-2-methylpropan-2-yl)-1H-indol-5-yl)cyclopropanecarbox- amide, and at least one excipient selected from: a filler, a disintegrant, a surfactant, a glidant and a lubricant, the composition being suitable for oral administration to a patient in need thereof to treat a CFTR mediated disease such as Cystic Fibrosis. Methods for treating a patient in need thereof include administering the pharmaceutical composition of Compound 1 are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Alargova; Rossitza Gueorguieva (Brighton, MA), Dunbar; Craig Antony (Needham, MA), Kadiyala; Irina Nikolaevna (Newton, MA)|
|Assignee:||Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Boston, MA)|
1. A method for treating cystic fibrosis in a patient, comprising coadministering: a) a pharmaceutical composition comprising 5 to 250 mg of
(R)-1-(2,2-difluorobenzo[d][1,3]dioxol-5-yl)-N-(1-(2,3-dihydroxypropyl- )-6-fluoro-2-(1-hydroxy-2-methylpropan-2-yl)-1H-indol-5-yl)cyclopropanecar- boxamide (Compound 1) and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, wherein Compound 1 is in a spray dried
dispersion; and b) another pharmaceutical composition comprising 100 to 300 mg N-(5-hydroxy-2,4-ditert-butyl-phenyl)-4-oxo-1H-quinoline-3-carboxamide (Compound 2) and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier; wherein the patient has a .DELTA.F508 or G551D
cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene mutation and a second CFTR gene mutation selected from R117H, A455E, 2789+5G.fwdarw.A, and 3849+10kbC.fwdarw.T; wherein the pharmaceutical composition of step (a) is administered
concurrently with the pharmaceutical composition of step (b).
2. The method of claim 1, wherein Compound 1 is substantially amorphous, wherein less than 15% of Compound 1 is in crystalline form.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein less than 10% of Compound 1 is in crystalline form.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein less than 5% of Compound 1 is in crystalline form.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein less than 1% of Compound 1 is in crystalline form.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein Compound 1 is present in an amount of about 100 mg.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition of step (a) and the pharmaceutical composition of step (b) are administered once a day.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein 150 mg of Compound 2 is administered.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the method comprises administering an additional therapeutic agent.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein the additional therapeutic agent is a mucolytic agent, bronchodilator, an antibiotic, an anti-infective agent, an anti-inflammatory agent, a CFTR modulator other than Compound 2, or a nutritional agent.
11. The method of claim 9, wherein the additional therapeutic agent is a CFTR modulator other than Compound 2.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein the second CFTR gene mutation is A455E.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the second CFTR gene mutation is 2789+5G.fwdarw.A.
14. The method of claim 1, wherein the second CFTR gene mutation is 3849+10kbC.fwdarw.T.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.