DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,004,743
|Title:||Process for drying of BIBW2992, of its salts and of solid pharmaceutical formulations comprising this active ingredient|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a drying process of BIBW 2992 or the salts thereof, preferably the dimaleate salt, as well as of solid pharmaceutical formulations comprising BIBW2992 or a salt thereof, and to pharmaceutical compositions comprising BIBW 2992 or a salt thereof as the active product ingredient, characterized by a water activity of the formulation of not more than 0.20 or a water content (Karl-Fischer) of not more than 4.2%.|
|Inventor(s):||Barta; Albert (Warthausen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising BIBW 2992 or a salt thereof as the active product ingredient (API) and at least one further excipient, characterized by a
water activity of the formulation of not more than 0.17.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising BIBW 2992 or a salt thereof as the active product ingredient (API) and at least one further excipient, characterized by a water content of not more than 4.0% as measured by Karl Fischer titration method.
3. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is an uncoated or film-coated tablet.
4. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is selected from uncoated and film-coated tablets comprising BIBW 2992 dimaleate salt as the active product ingredient (API) and each of the tablets is a composition selected from the group consisting of compositions A, B, C, D and E: TABLE-US-00007 Formulation A B C D E % per mg per mg per mg per mg per mg per Ingredient tablet tablet tablet tablet tablet tablet BIBW 2992 MA.sub.2, 16.42 29.5600 44.3400 59.1200 73.9000 103.4600 un-milled (20.0000) (30.0000) (40.0000) (50.0000) (70.0000) (corresponding to free base BIBW 2992) Lactose monohydrate 68.81 123.8600 185.7900 247.7200 309.6500 433.5100 Microcrystalline 10.27 18.4800 27.7200 36.9600 46.2000 64.6800 cellulose Crospovidone 2.00 3.6000 5.4000 7.2000 9.0000 12.6000 Colloidal anhydrous 0.50 0.9000 1.3500 1.8000 2.2500 3.1500 silica Magnesium stearate 2.00 3.6000 5.4000 7.2000 9.0000 12.6000 Total 100.00 180.0000 270.0000 360.0000 450.0000 630.0000
and wherein said film coat, if present, is selected from the group consisting of formulations A, B, C, D and E: TABLE-US-00008 Coating for Formulation A B C D E Ingredient mg per tablet Hypromellose 2.5000 3.5000 4.0000 5.0000 6.0000 Polyethylene 0.5000 0.7000 0.8000 1.0000 1.2000 glycol 400 Titanium dioxide 1.1300 0.6825 1.8080 0.9750 1.1700 Indigo Carmine 0.0700 0.2450 0.1120 0.3500 0.4200 aluminum lake Talcum 0.6500 1.6625 1.0400 2.3750 2.8500 Polysorbate 80 0.1500 0.2100 0.2400 0.3000 0.3600 Purified water -- -- -- -- -- (volatile component) Total 5.0000 7.0000 8.0000 10.0000 12.0000.
5. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4, wherein each of the tablets is a composition selected from the group consisting of compositions A, B, C and D.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.