DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Join the DrugPatentWatch Referral Program Get access to a free drug patent landscape report or a free one-month subscription
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,385,839
|Title:||Transfer vectors and microorganisms containing human cytomegalovirus immediate-early promoter regulatory DNA sequence|
|Abstract:||The cloning of a eucaryotic promoter-regulatory region that functions preferentially in human cells is disclosed. The invention is exemplified by the cloning of a section of the human cytomegalovirus genome comprising a DNA sequence with regulatory and promoter signals and an initiation site for RNA synthesis. The fragment, termed the human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) promoter-regulatory sequence, was obtained from purified HCMV DNA.|
|Inventor(s):||Stinski; Mark F. (Iowa City, IA)|
|Assignee:||University of Iowa Research Foundation (Iowa City, IA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A transfer vector comprising the immediate-early promoter-regulatory region of human cytomegalovirus.
2. The transfer vector of claim 1 comprising a heterologous gene positioned downstream and operatively linked to said region.
3. A host cell transformed with the transfer vector of claim 1.
4. A host cell transformed with the transfer vector of claim 2.
5. A eucaryotic host cell transformed with a transfer vector comprising the immediate-early promoter-regulatory region of human cytomegalovirus and a heterologous gene positioned downstream and operatively linked to said region.
6. The transformed eucaryotic host cell of claim 5 wherein said host cell is a mammalian host cell.
7. A host cell engineered using recombinant DNA technology to contain the immediate-early, promoter-regulatory region of human cytomegalovirus.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Biogen Idec||TYSABRI||natalizumab||VIAL; SINGLE-USE||125104||001||2004-11-23||Start Trial||University of Iowa Research Foundation (Iowa City, IA)||2005-01-30||RX||company|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.