DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,130,686
|Title:||Method and composition of thyroid hormone analogues and nanoformulations thereof for treating inflammatory disorders|
|Abstract:||Thyroid hormone antagonists and their nanoparticle formulations (Nanotetrac.TM. or Nanotriac.TM.) act at a cell surface receptor to block angiogenesis and tumor cell proliferation. The complex anti-angiogenic performs actions on specific cytokines and chemokines. Thyroid hormone antagonists inhibit expression in tumor cells of cytokine genes, e.g., specific interleukins, and chemokine genes, such as fractalkine (CX3CL1), and chemokine receptor genes (CX3CR1) that are targets in the development of inflammation-suppressant drugs. This application discloses a novel composition of Tetra or Tri-iodothyroacetic acid (tetrac or triac), other thyroid partial agonists or antagonists and their nanoparticle formulations conjugated to polymers and encapsulating non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, anti-inflammatory glucocorticoids, and/or polyphenols for the management of various acute and chronic inflammatory disorders ranging from neurological, vascular, and musculoskeletal disorders.|
|Inventor(s):||Mousa; Shaker A. (Wynantskill, NY), Davis; Paul J. (West Sand Lake, NY)|
|Assignee:||NANOPHARMACEUTICALS LLC (Rensselaer, NY)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method comprising: providing a thyroid hormone analogue conjugated to a polymer, wherein the thyroid hormone analogue is immobilized to a surface of the polymer, wherein
said thyroid hormone analogue targets integrin .alpha.v.beta.3; encapsulating inside the polymer of the conjugated thyroid hormone analogue the anti-inflammatory agent selected from the group consisting of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID),
a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, a salicylate, an anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid, an anti-fibrotic agent having anti-inflammatory properties and combinations thereof to form a composition; and administering the composition to a patient suffering from an
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the thyroid hormone analogue is selected from the group consisting of tetraiodothyroacetic acid (tetrac) and triiodothyroacetic acid (triac).
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the polymer is selected from the group consisting of polylactic acid (PLA), polyglycolic acid (PGA), polyacrylic acid, poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA), polyethylene glycol (PEG), poly-L-lysine, chitosan, hyaluronic acid, polyamine, co-polymers thereof and combinations thereof.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the step of encapsulating includes encapsulating the anti-inflammatory agent at a dose between 1.0-100 mg.
5. The method of claim 1, further comprising formulating the polymer into a nanoparticle.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the nanoparticle has a diameter between approximately 10 nm and <1000 nm.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the NSAID is selected from the group consisting of ibuprofen, diclofenac, indomethacin, ketoprofen, naproxen, sulindac, celecoxib, nabumetone, mefenamic acid and oxyphenbutazone.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the anti-fibrotic agent having anti-inflammatory properties is pirfenidone.
9. The method of claim 1, further comprising the step of: encapsulating an anti-oxidant polyphenol inside the polymer, wherein the anti-oxidant polyphenol is selected from the group consisting of a flavone, an isoflavone, and a flavonoid.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein the flavonoid is selected from the group consisting of resveratrol, quercetin, myricetin, catechin, epigallocatechin, genistein and combinations thereof.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the inflammatory condition is selected from the group consisting of Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, trauma, cerebral ischemia, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, myositis, poikiloderma, rosacea, psoriasis, acne, pityriasis rosea, eczema, and a combination of inflammatory conditions thereof.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein the inflammatory condition is a musculoskeletal condition selected from the group consisting of aches and pains located in the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and combination of musculoskeletal conditions thereof.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the administering step includes administering between approximately 200 to 2000 .mu.g of the conjugated thyroid hormone analog and 1.0-100 mg of at least one of the NSAID, anti-oxidant polyphenol, anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid, and combinations thereof.
14. The method of claim 13, wherein the step of administering is performed at an interval selected from the group consisting of once a day, every other day and once a week.
15. The method of claim 14, wherein the step of administering occurs topically, systemically, orally, locally at a site of inflammation, and a combination thereof.
16. The method of claim 14, wherein the site of inflammation is a conjunctival sac, located between an eyelid of the patient.
17. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition is formulated into a hydrogel.
18. The method of claim 1, further comprising the step of: encapsulating inside the polymer a bisphosphonate.
19. The method of claim 18, wherein the bisphosphonate is selected from the group consisting of risendronate, alendronate, ibandronate, etidronate, pamidronate, tiludronate, and zoledronic acid.
20. The method of claim 1, further comprising the step of: encapsulating inside the polymer a parathyroid hormone derived peptide, which is optionally teriparatide.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Nps Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||NATPARA||parathyroid hormone||For Injection||125511||2015-01-23||⤷ Try it Free||2025-09-15|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.