DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,023,917
|Title:||High resolution melting analysis as a prescreening tool|
|Abstract:||Compositions and methods for determining an increased likelihood of a response to a targeted treatment of a cancer disease including isolating genomic DNA from a patient sample, amplifying a fragment of DNA by means of PCR with a specific pair of amplification primers, determining if the amplified fragment comprises a wildtype sequence or a mutation by means of a High Resolution Melting Analysis (HRM), and correlating the presence or absence of a mutation with an increased likelihood of success of said targeted treatment. Respective primer pairs, compositions and kits are also claimed.|
|Inventor(s):||Buettner; Reinhard (Villiprott, DE), Froehner; Stefanie (Penzberg, DE), Merkelbach-Bruse; Sabine (Aachen, DE), Ney; Jasmin (Wallerfangen, DE), Roesler; Angelika (Sindelsdorf, DE)|
|Assignee:||Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. (Pleasanton, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating a cancer patient comprising: i) isolating genomic DNA from a sample from the cancer patient; ii) amplifying a fragment of said DNA by means of PCR
with a specific pair of amplification primers, thereby forming an amplified fragment; iii) determining that said amplified fragment does not comprise a G13_V14A or G60D mutation in the KRAS gene by means of a High Resolution Melting Analysis (HRM) and
DNA sequencing; and iv) treating the cancer patient with an anti-EGFR targeted treatment.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein in step ii, the amplification primers comprise one or more sequences selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NOs: 9-16.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the sample is Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) tissue.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said step of determining comprises performing High Resolution Melting Analysis without any spiking of DNA.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said step of determining comprises comparing HRM analysis results of the amplified fragment to a control.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the control comprises HRM analysis results of a wildtype sample.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein HRM is performed using a probe selected from a group consisting of SEQ ID NO: 31 or its complement, SEQ ID NO: 32 or its complement, and SEQ ID NO: 33 or its complement.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer patient has colorectal cancer.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the anti-EGFR targeted treatment is an anti-EGFR antibody therapy.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the anti-EGFR targeted treatment is panitumumab or cetuximab.
Summary for Patent: ⤷ Free Forever Trial
|Foriegn Application Priority Data|
|Foreign Country||Foreign Patent Number||Foreign Patent Date|
|11150641||Jan 11, 2011|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Imclone||ERBITUX||cetuximab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125084||001||2004-06-18||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. (Pleasanton, CA)||2031-01-11||RX||Orphan||search|
|Amgen||VECTIBIX||panitumumab||INJECTABLE; IV (INFUSION)||125147||001||2006-09-27||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. (Pleasanton, CA)||2031-01-11||RX||search|
|Amgen||VECTIBIX||panitumumab||INJECTABLE; IV (INFUSION)||125147||002||2006-09-27||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. (Pleasanton, CA)||2031-01-11||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|European Patent Office||2663652||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|United States of America||2014017682||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|United States of America||2015152510||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.