DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,011,820
|Title:||Adipose stromal vascular fraction cell constructs|
|Abstract:||Three-dimensional tissue constructs are described, which may be created by isolating adipose-derived stromal vascular fraction (SVF) cells, plating the cells onto a polymer scaffold, and culturing the plated scaffold in a culture of DMEM with approximately 10% FBS.|
|Inventor(s):||LeBlanc; Amanda J. (Louisville, KY), Hoying; James B. (Louisville, KY), Williams; Stuart K. (Harrods Creek, KY)|
|Assignee:||UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE RESEARCH FOUNDATION, INC. (Louisville, KY)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for preparing a three dimensional tissue construct for use in treating a patient, comprising: isolating adipose-derived stromal vascular fraction cells from a
sample of adipose tissue; plating the cells into a polymer scaffold; and culturing the plated scaffold for at least 14 days in a culture solution comprising DMEM with between approximately 5% and approximately 20% FBS, wherein immediately after
culturing for 14 days, at least about 70% of the cells are positive for a CD68 marker.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the scaffold comprises polyglycolic acid.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the step of isolating comprises: digesting the adipose tissue in a collagenase solution; separating adipocytes from the digested adipose tissue to create a cell pellet; and suspending the cell pellet in a solution comprising bovine serum albumin.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the culture solution comprises between approximately 8% and approximately 12% FBS.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the culture solution comprises about 10% FBS.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the adipose tissue is obtained by liposuction.
7. A method for treating an animal suffering from acute myocardial infarction, the animal comprising an infarct region comprising an epicardial surface, comprising: preparing a three dimensional tissue construct according to claim 1; and suturing the construct directly onto the epicardial surface.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the step of suturing takes place within 12 hours of the onset of the acute myocardial infarction.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the step of suturing takes place within 8 hours of the onset of the acute myocardial infarction.
10. The method of claim 8, wherein the step of suturing takes place within 4 hours of the onset of the acute myocardial infarction.
11. The method of claim 7, wherein the animal is a human.
12. The method of claim 11, wherein the adipose tissue is obtained from the human.
13. The method of claim 7, wherein the step of suturing comprises covering the site of an infarct on the epicardial surface, and securing the construct to the epicardial surface.
14. The method of claim 13, wherein a single suture is used.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Smith And Nephew||SANTYL||collagenase||OINTMENT;TOPICAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||Start Trial||UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE RESEARCH FOUNDATION, INC. (Louisville, KY)||2031-09-30||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.