DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,004,742
|Title:||Method of treating cancer|
|Abstract:||Methods are provided of treating a human for cancer comprising administering at least one dose of lapatinib, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or composition thereof, to a patient, wherein said patient does not have one or more allelic polymorphisms selected from the group of: HLA-DQA1*0201, HLA-DQB1*0202, and HLA-DRB1*0701. Patients may also be free of genotypes in TNXB; rs12153855 and/or rs17207923.|
|Inventor(s):||Bing; Nan (Research Triangle Park, NC), Briley; Linda Perry (Research Triangle Park, NC), Parham; Laura R. (Research Triangle Park, NC), Cox; Charles J. (Stevenage, GB), Spraggs; Colin F. (Stevenage, GB)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating a human for breast cancer comprising: (a) obtaining a biological sample from said human; (b) detecting whether an allelic polymorphism at
HLA-DRB1*0701 is present in said biological sample; (c) determining that said human does not have an allelic polymorphism at HLA-DRB1*0701 based on detecting the absence of said allelic polymorphism in step (b); and (d) administering at least one dose
of lapatinib or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or composition thereof to said human, thereby treating the human for breast cancer.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein lapatinib, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or composition thereof, is administered to said human as monotherapy.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein said lapatinib, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or composition thereof, is co-administered with at least one other anti-cancer agent.
4. The method according to claim 3, wherein said at least one other anti-cancer agent is selected from the group of: trastuzumab, capecitabine, paclitaxel, carboplatin, pazopanib and letrozole.
5. The method according to claim 1, further comprising determining that said human is not DQ2.2 seropositive where DQ 2.2 is not detected to be present in said human.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein said human does not show significant elevation in alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and/or total bilirubin (TBL) after the administration of at least one dose of lapatinib, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or composition thereof.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||103792||1998-09-25||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)||2039-02-26||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech Inc||HERCEPTIN HYLECTA||trastuzumab; hyaluronidase-oysk||INJECTABLE;SUBCUTANEOUS||761106||2019-02-28||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|South Africa||201201110||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2011022633||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|United States of America||2012156200||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|United States of America||2015231137||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|United States of America||2017065590||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|United States of America||9539257||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|San Marino||T201600296||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.