Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||5-methanesulfonamido-1-indanones as an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase-2|
|Abstract:||The Compound of Formula I and pharmaceutically acceptable sales thereof in the treatment of cyclooxygenase-2 mediated diseases are disclosed. ##STR1##|
|Inventor(s):||Guay; Daniel (Ile Perrot, CA), Li; Chun-Sing (Dollard des Ormeaux, CA)|
|Assignee:||Merck Frosst Canada & Co. (Rairkland, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 06, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula I ##STR37## |
or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. A method of selectively inhibiting cyclooxygenase-2 comprising administration to a patient in need of such treatment a non-toxic therapeutically effective amount of a compound according to claim 1.
3. A method of treating a cyclooxygenase-2 mediated disease in patients having a history of a gastro-intestinal disorder comprising administration to a patient in need of such treatment a non-toxic therapeutically effective amount of a compound according to claim 1..[.
4. A method of selectively inhibiting cyclooxygenase-2 comprising administration to a patient in need of such treatment a non-toxic therapeutically effective amount of a compound according to claim 1..]..Iadd.
5. A method for selectively inhibiting cyclooxygenase-2activity in a human host, comprising administering a non-steroidal compound that selectively inhibits activity of the cyclooxygenase-2 gene product to a human host in need of such treatment, wherein said non-steroidal compound is a compound of the formula I ##STR38##
or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof..Iaddend..Iadd.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the compound of formula I is administered at a dosage of from about 0.01 mg to about 140 mg per kilogram of body weight per day..Iaddend..Iadd.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein the compound of formula I is administered in an amount from about 1 mg to about 1000 mg..Iaddend.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.