DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Synthetic bile acid compositions and methods|
|Abstract:||Bile acids and related compositions and methods of synthesis and use. More specifically, deoxycholic acid and related compositions, said compositions being free of all moieties of animal origin and free of pyrogenic moieties.|
|Inventor(s):||Moriarty; Robert M. (Michiana Shores, IN), David; Nathaniel E. (Los Angeles, CA), Mahmood; Nadir Ahmeduddin (Calabasas, CA)|
|Assignee:||Kythera Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (Parsippany, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 05, 2015|
|Claims:||1. A method for reducing a subcutaneous fat deposit in a subject in need thereof, the method comprising administering locally to a subcutaneous fat deposit in the subject a composition comprising: a fat-dissolving effective amount of deoxycholic acid (DCA) or a salt thereof, wherein the DCA has a .sup.14C content of less than 1 ppt; a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient; and optionally a lipid. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the subcutaneous fat deposit is associated with a condition selected from the group consisting of obesity, fat redistribution syndrome, eyelid fat herniation, lipomas, Dercum's disease, lipodystrophy, buffalo hump lipodystrophy, dorsocervical fat, visceral adiposity, breast enlargement, hyperadiposity, diffused body fat around trunk and arms, and fat deposits associated with cellulite.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the DCA salt is sodium deoxycholate.
4. A method for reducing the appearance of a skin condition in a skin region of a subject in need thereof, the method comprising: administering locally to said skin region a composition comprising: a skin-tightening effective amount of deoxycholic acid or a salt thereof, wherein the DCA has a .sup.14C content of less than 1 ppt, a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient, and optionally a lipid; and wherein the skin condition being reduced is loose skin or wrinkles.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the administering involves delivering the composition via a subcutaneous or transdermal injection.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the skin region is selected from the group consisting of under eye, under chin, under arm, buttock, cheek, brow, calf, back, thigh, ankle, and stomach.
7. The method of claim 4, wherein the DCA salt is sodium deoxycholate.