Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to injectors, such as pen-type injectors, that provide for administration of medicinal products from a multidose-cartridge and permit a user to set the delivery dose. The injector may include a housing, a piston rod adapted to operate through the housing, a dose dial sleeve located between the housing and the piston rod, and a drive sleeve located between the dose dial sleeve and the piston rod. The dose dial sleeve may have a helical thread of first lead and the drive sleeve may have a helical groove of second lead. The first lead of the helical thread and the second lead of the helical groove may be the same.|
|Inventor(s):||Veasey; Robert Frederick (Warwickshire, GB), Perkins; Robert (Warwickshire, GB), Plumptre; David Aubrey (Worcestershire, GB)|
|Assignee:||SANOFI-AVENTIS DEUTSCHLAND GMBH (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 19, 2015|
|Claims:||1. A drive mechanism for use in a drug delivery device comprising: a housing having a longitudinal axis and comprising an inner surface with an insert that is rotationally and axially fixed relative to the housing; a piston rod positioned and aligned with the longitudinal axis having a first thread on a first end that is engaged with the insert; and a drive sleeve that extends about the piston rod and has internal and outer surfaces, where the internal surface is engaged with the piston rod; wherein longitudinal axial movement of the drive sleeve causes the piston rod to rotate through the insert relative to the housing. |
2. The drive mechanism of claim 1 where the rotation of the piston rod advances a piston in a cartridge.
3. The drive mechanism of claim 1 where the piston rod has a second thread on a second end.
4. The drive mechanism of claim 3 where the drive sleeve has an internal surface comprising a helical groove that engages the second thread of the piston rod.
5. The drive mechanism of claim 4 further comprising a dose dial sleeve having an outer surface having a helical thread with a lead, where the helical groove of the drive sleeve has a lead that is equal to the lead of the helical thread of the helical thread on the dose dial sleeve.
6. The drive mechanism of claim 5 where the first thread and second thread have opposing directions to prevent the piston rod from rotating when the dose dial sleeve is extended axially from the housing.
7. The drive mechanism of claim 3 where the first thread has a different lead than the second thread.
8. The drive mechanism of claim 3 where the second thread comprises a series of part threads.
9. The drive mechanism of claim 3 where the first thread of the piston rod is oppositely disposed to the second thread of the piston rod.
10. The drive mechanism of claim 3 where the piston rod further comprises a receiving recess at the second end that accepts a stem of a button.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.