Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Maintenance of platelet inhibition during antiplatelet therapy|
|Abstract:||A method for reducing or maintaining platelet inhibition in a patient by administering cangrelor prior to an invasive procedure is described. The method of this invention can be used for patients in need of antiplatelet therapy or at risk of thrombosis. The method can further be used in patients who were previously treated with long-acting platelet inhibitors without increasing the risk of excessive bleeding.|
|Inventor(s):||Ruderman Chen; Lisa (Rye, NY), Skerjanec; Simona (Basel, CH), Bell; Dawn (Morristown, NJ), Prats; Jayne (Carlisle, MA), Todd; Meredith (Hoboken, NJ)|
|Assignee:||The Medicines Company (Parsippany, NY)|
|Filing Date:||May 05, 2014|
|Claims:||1. A method of maintaining P2Y.sub.12 inhibition in a patient being treated with an oral P2Y.sub.12 inhibitor who is in need of surgery, the method comprising: (a) discontinuing the treatment with the oral P2Y.sub.12 inhibitor; (b) administering intravenously a 0.75 .mu.g/kg/min continuous infusion of cangrelor; and (c) discontinuing the administration of cangrelor at least about one hour prior to administration of anesthesia for the surgery. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient has acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient has a stent.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein cangrelor is administered as quickly as possible following the discontinuation of treatment with the oral P2Y.sub.12 inhibitor.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the oral P2Y.sub.12 inhibitor is a thienopyridine.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein cangrelor is administered within about 5 days of the discontinuation of treatment with the thienopyridine.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein administration of cangrelor is discontinued after no longer than about 7 days from initiation of administration of cangrelor.