Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A casing for an injection device of the type having a safety device which prevents operation of the device, incorporating an actuator means by which the safety means of the device can be actuated to allow operation of the device. Also a casing for a medicament container having an opening closed prior to use by a break-off tip, having relatively moveable first and second casing parts, which on relative movement apply a breaking force to the break-off tip. A preferred embodiment includes both such features.|
|Inventor(s):||McLennan Anderson; Gregor John (Hertfordshire, GB), Mitchell; John (London, GB)|
|Assignee:||Zogenix, Inc. (Emeryville, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 26, 2014|
|Claims:||1. A needle free injector casing, comprising: a first casing part forming a cover around a needle free injector and comprising an end opening portion connected to a second casing part comprising a removable end cap which closes a nozzle orifice of a needle free injector prior to removal of the removable end cap; wherein the second casing part incorporates at least one obstructer part projecting inwardly toward the needle free injector, wherein the obstructor part prevents a drive means from acting by obstructing the movement of a moveable trigger part, wherein the second casing part is removable from the end opening of the first casing part to allow operation of the drive mechanism, wherein the end opening portion of the first casing part is positioned such that the nozzle orifice can be brought adjacent to a patient's skin, wherein the first casing part is adapted to hold the needle free injector non rotatably relative thereto, and the second casing part is rotatable relative to the first casing part. |
2. The needle free injector casing of claim 1, wherein the first and second casing parts are initially connected together by a connector selected from the group consisting of: a screw thread; and a bayonet connection; and a frangible connection; further wherein moving the second casing part in a rotary motion separates the first and second casing parts thereby exposing the nozzle orifice for use.
3. The needle free injector casing of claim 2, wherein the movement of the second casing part relative to the first casing part allows a safety mechanism of the needle free injector to be moved from its first configuration to its second configuration.
4. The needle free injector casing of claim 2, wherein the second casing part incorporates at least one obstructer part which functions to obstruct movement of a part of the injection device which is essential for operation.
5. The needle free injector casing of claim 3, wherein the safety mechanism comprises an actuator, said actuator further comprising an obstructor part which in a first configuration obstructs, and in a second configuration allows, the movement of a moveable trigger part.
6. The needle free injector casing of claim 5, wherein the actuator is configured in a form selected from the group consisting of: a button; a tongue; and a lever.
7. The needle free injector casing of claim 6, wherein the end cap is configured to cover part of the actuator and unscrewing the cap exposes the actuator for use.
8. The needle free injector casing of claim 7, wherein the actuator is a lever.
9. The needle free injector casing of claim 8, wherein movement of the lever moves the obstructer part in a direction perpendicular to a direction of relative movement of a trigger of the needle free injector when the orifice is urged against a patient's skin.
10. The needle free injector casing of claim 9, wherein the actuator is retained in its second configuration after a safety mechanism of the needle free injector has been actuated.
11. The needle free injector casing of claim 10, wherein the actuator being retained is accompanied by an indication selected from the group consisting of a visible indication and audible indication.
12. The needle free injector casing of claim 4, wherein the needle-free injector is configured such that the drive mechanism cannot be operated before the second casing part has been removed from an end opening of the first casing part.
13. The needle free injector casing of claim 4, wherein the obstructor part comprises a screw thread.
14. The needle free injector casing of claim 1, comprising a trigger which comprises two relatively movable upper and lower parts which on relative movement allows the drive mechanism to act, wherein the removable end cap comprises a collar shaped to partly surround the needle free injector, the collar incorporating an obstructer part which in a first configuration obstructs the relative movement, and in a second configuration allows the relative movement.
15. The needle free injector casing of claim 14, wherein in the first configuration, the first and second casing parts are connected together by a screw thread or bayonet connection.
16. The needle free injector casing of claim 14, wherein the second casing part comprises sub-assemblies.
17. The needle free injector casing of claim 1, wherein moving the second casing part to expose the orifice moves the obstructer part out of its obstructing position.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.