Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||1-[2-(2,4 dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine as a compound with combined serotonin reuptake, 5-HT.sub.3 and 5-HT.sub.1A activity for the treatment of cognitive impairment|
|Abstract:||This disclosure relates to 1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in a crystalline form.|
|Inventor(s):||Bang-Andersen; Benny (Copenhagen S, DK), Faldt; Andre (Vejlebrovej, DK), Mork; Arne (Malov, DK), de Diego; Heidi Lopez (Naerum, DK), Holm; Rene (Jyllinge, DK), Stensbol; Tine Bryan (Vaerlose, DK)|
|Assignee:||H. Lundbeck A/S (Copenhagen-Valby, DK)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 09, 2014|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating cognitive impairment involving decline in speed of processing, executive function, attention, or verbal learning and memory in a patient diagnosed with depression, the method comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition comprising Compound I or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof to the patient; wherein Compound I is 1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine, Compound I or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is in a crystalline form, and the method alleviates a symptom or complication of the cognitive impairment or delays the progression of the cognitive impairment. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of Compound I is a hydrobromide, hydrochloride, mesylate, fumarate, maleate, meso-tartrate, L-(+)-tartrate, D-(-)-tartrate, sulphate, phosphate or nitrate salt.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of Compound I is 1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine hydrobromide salt.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is a tablet prepared by wet granulation and comprises anhydrous calcium hydrogen phosphate, corn starch, PVP-VA copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, talc and magnesium stearate.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition comprises: TABLE-US-00008 HBr salt of Compound I 3-8% Anhydrous calcium 35-45% hydrogen phosphate Corn starch 15-25% PVP-VA copolymer 2-6% Microcrystalline cellulose 20-30% Sodium starch glycolate 1-3% Talc 2-6% Magnesium stearate 0.5-2%.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition comprises: TABLE-US-00009 HBr salt of Compound I approximately 5% Anhydrous calcium approximately 39% hydrogen phosphate Corn starch approximately 20% PVP-VA copolymer approximately 3% Microcrystalline cellulose approximately 25% Sodium starch glycolate approximately 3% Talc approximately 4% Magnesium stearate approximately 1%.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is generalized depression.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is major depressive disorder.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is postnatal depression.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is a depression associated with bipolar disorder.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is a treatment resistant depression.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.