Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||8-[3-amino-piperidin-1-yl]-xanthines, the preparation thereof and their use as pharmaceutical compositions|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to substituted xanthines of general formula ##STR00001## wherein R.sup.1 to R.sup.3 are as defined herein, the tautomers, the stereoisomers, the mixtures, the prodrugs thereof and the salts thereof which have valuable pharmacological properties, particularly an inhibiting effect on the activity of the enzyme dipeptidylpeptidase-IV (DPP-IV).|
|Inventor(s):||Himmelsbach; Frank (Mittelbiberach, DE), Langkopf; Elke (Biberach an der Riss, DE), Eckhardt; Matthias (Biberach an der Riss, DE), Maier; Roland (Biberach an der Riss, DE)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 14, 2014|
|Claims:||1. A compound of formula (III) ##STR00006## wherein R.sup.1 is 4-methyl-2-quinazolinylmethyl, R.sup.2 is methyl, and R.sup.3 is 2-butyn-1-yl. |
2. 1-[(4-methyl-quinazolin-2-yl)methyl]-3-methyl-7-(2-butyn-1-yl)-8-[(R)-- 3-(tert.-butyloxycarbonylamino)-piperidin-1-yl]-xanthine.
3. 1-[(4-methyl-quinazolin-2-yl)methyl]-3-methyl-7-(2-butyn-1-yl)-8-[(S)-- 3-(tert.-butyloxycarbonylamino)-piperidin-1-yl]-xanthine.
4. A process for preparing a compound of formula (I), ##STR00007## the process comprising deprotecting a compound of formula (III) ##STR00008## wherein R.sup.1 is 4-methyl-2-quinazolinylmethyl, R.sup.2 is methyl, and R.sup.3 is 2-butyn-1-yl.
5. The process according to claim 4, wherein the tert.-butyloxycarbonyl group is cleaved by treatment with an acid or by treatment with bromotrimethylsilane or iodotrimethylsilane, optionally using a solvent at temperatures between 0 and 80.degree. C.
6. The process according to claim 5, wherein the acid is trifluoroacetic acid or hydrochloric acid.
7. The process according to claim 5, wherein the solvent is selected from the group consisting of methylene chloride, ethyl acetate, dioxane, methanol, isopropanol and diethyl ether.
8. A process for preparing a pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound of formula (I) of claim 4, the process comprising: preparing the compound of formula (I) according to the process of claim 4; and combining the compound of formula (I), optionally in combination with an additional active substance, with one or more inert carriers and/or diluents into a galenic preparation selected from the group consisting of a plain or coated tablet, capsule, powder, suspension and suppository.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.