Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compositions with modulating agents|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a waterless composition and foam as a vehicle in which an active pharmaceutical or cosmetic agent, when added is stable or stabilized by or its destabilization is impeded by the presence of a modulating agent. The pharmaceutical or cosmetic composition and foam, includes: a waterless solvent, a modulating agent and one or more active pharmaceutical or cosmetic agents. The present invention also relates to a method of treatment administering the waterless composition and foam.|
|Inventor(s):||Tamarkin; Dov (Macabim, IL), Eini; Meir (Ness Ziona, IL), Friedman; Doron (Karmei Yosef, IL), Berman; Tal (Rishon le Ziyyon, IL), Schuz; David (Gimzu, IL)|
|Assignee:||Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Rehovot, IL)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 03, 2013|
|Claims:||1. A waterless composition comprising one or more active agents and a carrier, said carrier comprising a) a modulating agent; b) a polyol; c) a surface active agent; and d) a foam adjuvant; wherein the one or more active agents are chemically unstable in the carrier in the absence of a modulating agent; wherein the modulating agent is capable of and is selected to modulate or adjust the artificial pH of the carrier to an artificial pH or to provide an artificial pH buffering effect such that the chemical stability of the at least one active agent is increased as compared to its stability in the carrier without the modulating agent wherein if the waterless composition is packaged in a pressurized container and propellant is added the composition will be capable upon release of expanding to form a breakable foam. |
2. The waterless composition of claim 1 further comprising one or more agents that additionally are capable of a function selected from the group consisting of chelating an available metal ion, impeding ionization, and impeding oxidation.
3. The waterless composition of claim 1 wherein the polyol comprises about 25% to about 98% by weight of the carrier.
4. The waterless composition of claim 3 further comprising a about 0.01% to about 5% by weight of at least one polymeric agent.
5. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the modulating agent is about 5% to about 0.01% by weight of the carrier.
6. The waterless composition of claim 1 further comprising a polar solvent, and a liquefied or compressed gas propellant at a concentration of about 3% to about 25% by weight of the composition.
7. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the modulating agent is selected from the group consisting of sodium citrate, citric acid, lactic acid, glutamic acid, ascorbic acid, azalaeic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, lysine, lidocaine, prilocaine, carbomer and mixtures of any two or more thereof.
8. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the polyol is selected from the group consisting of a diol; a triol; at least one diol and at least one triol, wherein the ratio between the diol and triol is between 9:1 and 1:1; a saccharide; and mixtures thereof.
9. The waterless composition of claim 8, wherein the diol is selected from the group consisting of propylene glycol, butanediol, butenediol, butynediol, pentanediol, hexanediol, octanediol, neopentyl glycol, 2-methyl-1,3-propanediol, diethylene glycol, triethylene glycol, tetraethylene glycol, dipropylene glycol and dibutylene glycol; and or wherein the triol is selected from the group consisting of glycerin, butane-1,2,3-triol, butane-1,2,4-triol and hexane-1,2,6-triol.
10. The waterless composition of claim 6, wherein the polar solvent is selected from the group consisting of dimethyl isosorbide, tetrahydrofurfuryl alcohol polyethyleneglycol ether, DMSO, a pyrrolidone, N-Methyl-2-pyrrolidone, 1-Methyl-2-pyrrolidinone, ethyl proxitol, dimethylacetamide, a PEG-type surfactant, an alpha hydroxy acid, lactic acid, and glycolic acid.
11. The waterless composition of claim 6, wherein the composition is substantially alcohol-free.
12. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the modulating agent is selected from the group consisting of an alpha hydroxyl acid, an aliphatic beta hydroxyacid, an aromatic acid, an aromatic hydroxyl acid, an alpha ketoacid, an aliphatic carboxylic acid, a branched aliphatic carboxylic acid, a short chain carboxylic acid, a fatty acid, an omega-3 fatty acid, an omega-6 fatty acid, an omega-9 fatty acid, a dicarboxylic acid, a branched dicarboxylic acid, an unsaturated dicarboxylic acid, an amino acid, a dimer or oligomer of amino acids, a retinoid, a nitrogen-containing organic compound, a primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary amine, an amide, an amine oxide and a lactam.
13. The waterless composition of claim 12, wherein the alpha hydroxyl acid and beta hydroxyl acid are selected from the group consisting of alpha-hydroxybutyric acid, alpha-hydroxyisobutyric acid, alpha-hydroxyisocaproic acid, alpha-hydroxyisovaleric acid, atrolactic acid, beta-hydroxybutyric acid, beta-phenyl lactic acid, beta-phenylpyruvic acid, citric acid, pyruvic acid, galacturonic acid, glucoheptonic acid, glucoheptono 1,4-lactone, gluconic acid, gluconolactone, glucuronic acid, glucuronolactone, glycolic acid, lactic acid, mandelic acid, mucic acid, pyruvic acid, saccharic acid, saccharic acid 1,4-lactone, tartaric acid and tartronic acid, 3-Hydroxybutanoic acid, quinic acid, isocitric acid, tropic acid, trethocanic acid, chlorolactic acid, citramalic acid, agaricic acid, aleuritic acid, pantoic acid, lactobionic acid, piscidic acid, hexulosonic acid or the anhydride thereof; wherein the aromatic acid is selected from the group consisting of benzoic acid, toluic acid, dimethyl benzoic acid and phthalic acid; wherein the beta hydroxyl acid is selected from the group consisting of salicylic acids and derivatives thereof; wherein the alpha ketoacid has the molecular structure of (Ra)COCOO(Rb); wherein Ra and Rb are independently selected from the group consisting of H and saturated or unsaturated, isomeric or non-isomeric, straight, branched, or cyclic C1-C25 alkyl, aralkyl, or aryl groups, wherein Ra may be optionally substituted with an F, Cl, Br, I, OH, CHO, COOH, or alkoxy group having 1 to 9 carbon atoms; wherein the aliphatic carboxylic acid is selected from the group consisting of formic acid, acetic acid and propionic acid, butyric acid, butyric acid, caproic acid, caprylic acid, nonanoic acid, capric acid, lauric acid, myristic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, arachidic acid, behenic acid, octacosanoic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, erucic acid, valproic acid and 12-hydroxy stearic acid; wherein the dicarboxylic acid is selected from the group consisting of oxalic acid, malonic acid, succinic acid, glutaric acid, adipic acid, pimelic acid, suberic acid, azelaic acid, sebacic acid, dodecanedioic acid, brassylic acid, thapsic acid, 14-methylnonacosanedioic acid, 14,15-dimethyltriacontanedioic acid (C30) undecylenic acid, maleic acid and fumaric acid; wherein the carbon atom skeleton of the branched dicarboxylic acid is substituted with at least one group selected from the group consisting of R, F, Cl, Br, OH, OR, SH, CHO, COOH, and NRaRb, and wherein R, Ra and Rb are independently selected from the group consisting of H, saturated or unsaturated, isomeric or non-isomeric, straight, branched, or cyclic C1-C25 alkyl, aralkyl, or aryl groups; wherein the branched dicarboxylic acid is selected from the group consisting of aspartic acid, alpha-ketoglutaric acid, adipic acid 2-amino, aconitic acid, benzene dicarboxylic acid, citramalic acid, citric acid, cystathionine, glucuronic acid, glutamic acid, itaconic acid, malic acid, mucic acid, oxalacetic acid, diamino pimelic acid, saccharic acid, dimethyl succinic acid, tartaric acid and tartronic acid; wherein the carboxylic acid is selected from the group consisting of is selected from the group consisting of retinoic acid, isotretinoin, ascorbic acid, isoascorbic acid, ethanesulfonic acid, glycerophosphoric acid, acetohydroxamic acid, aconitic acid, alpha-ketocaproic acid, aminomalonic acid, hippuric acid, hydrochloric acid, methanesulfonic acid, oxalic acid, phosphoric acid, sorbic acid, iminodiacetic acid and carnitine; and wherein the amino acid is selected from the group consisting of glycine, alanine, valine, leucine, isoleucine, serine, threonine, cysteine, methionine, aspartic acid, asparagine, glutamic acid, glutamine, arginine, lysine, histidine, phenylalanine, tyrosine, tryptophan, praline, B-alanine(3-alanine), 4-aminobutyrate (GABA), 3-cyanoalanine (B-cyanoalanine), 2-aminobutyric acid, 2-methylene-4-aminobutyric acid, 3-methylene-4-aminobutyric acid, 2-aminoisobutyric acid, 5-aminolevulinic acid, 2-amino-4-methylhexanoic acid (homoisoleucine), 2-amino-4-methylhex-4-enoic acid, 2-amino-4-methylhex-5-ynoic acid, 2-amino-3-methylpentanoic acid, 2-aminoadipic acid, 4-ethylideneglutamic acid, 3-aminoglutaric acid, 2-aminopimelic acid, N4-ethylasparagine, N4-methylasparagine, erythro-4-methylglutamic acid, 4-methyleneglutamic acid, 4-methyleneglutamine, N5-methylglutamine, N5-ethylglutamine (theanine), N5-isopropylglutamine, 2-amino-4-(aminoxy)butyric acid (canaline), 2,4-diaminobutyrate, N4-acetyl-2,4-diaminobutyrate, N4-lactyl-2,4-diaminobutyrate, N4-oxalyl-2,4-diaminobutyrate, 2,3-diaminopropionic acid, N3-acetyl-2,3-diaminopropionic acid, N3-methyl-2,3-diaminopropionic acid, N3-oxalyl-2,3-diaminopropionic acid, N6-acetyllysine, N6-methyllysine, N6-trimethyllysine (laminine), ornithine (2,5-diaminopentanoic acid), saccharopine (N6-(2'-glutamyl)lysine, 2,6-diaminopimelic acid, N4-(2-hydroxylethyl)asparagine, erythro-3-hydroxyaspartic acid, 4-hydroxyarginine, 4-hydroxycitrulline, threo-4-hydroxyglutamic acid, 3,4-dihydroxyglutamic acid, 3-hydroxy-4-methylglutamic acid, 3-hydroxy-4-methyleneglutamic acid, 4-hydroxy-4-methylglutamic acid, 4-hydroxy-glutamine, N5-(2-hydroxyethyl)glutamine, 5-hydroxynorleucine, threo-4-hydroxyhomoarginine, homoserine, O-acetylhomoserine, O-oxalylhomoserine, O-phosphohomoserine, 4-hydroxyisoleucine, 5-hydroxymethylhomocysteine, threo-3-hydroxyleucine, 5-hydroxyleucine, 2-hydroxylysine, 4-hydroxylysine, 5-hydroxylysine, N6-acetyl-5-hydroxylysine, N6-trimethyl-5-hydroxylysine, 4-hydroxyornithine, mimosine, 4-hydroxynorvaline, 5-hydroxynorvaline, 2-amino-4,5-dihydroxypentanoic acid, 2-amino-4-hydroxypimelic acid, 4-hydroxyvaline, O-acetylserine, O-phosphoserine, pipecolic acid, (piperidine-2-carboxylic acid), 3-hydroxypipecolic acid, trans-4-hydroxypipecolic acid, trans-5-hydroxypipecolic acid, 5-hydroxy-6-methylpipecolic acid, 4,5-dihydroxypipecolic acid, trans-3-hydroxyproline, trans-4-hydroxyproline, trans-4-hydroxymethylproline, azetidine-2-carboxylic acid, N-(3-amino-3-carboxypropyl)azetidine-2-carboxylic acid, 4,5-dehydropipecolic acid (baikiain), 3-amino-3-carboxypyrrolidone (cucurbitine), 2-(cyclopent-2'-enyl)glycine, 5-hydroxytryptophan, albizziine (2-amino-3-ureidopropionic acid), arginosuccinic acid, canavinosuccinic acid, citrulline, homoarginine, homocitrulline, indospicine, O-ureidohomoserine, 6-hydroxykynurenine, 3-(4-aminophenyl)alanine, 3-(3-aminomethylphenyl)alanine, 3-(3-carboxyphenyl)alanine, 3-carboxytyrosine, 3-(3-hydroxymethylphenyl)alanine, 3-(3-hydroxyphenyl)alanine, 3-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)alanine (L-DOPA), 2-(phenyl)glycine, 2-(3-carboxyphenyl)glycine, 2-(3-carboxy-4-hydroxyphenyl)glycine, 2-(3-hydroxyphenyl)glycine, 2-(3,5-dihydroxyphenyl)glycine, 4-aminopipecolic acid, guvacine, 2-amino-4-(isoxazolin-5-one)-2-yl)butyric acid, lathyrine, tetrahydrolathyrine and ornithin and dimers or oligomers thereof.
14. The waterless composition of claim 12, wherein the modulating agent is a nitrogen-containing organic compound selected from the group consisting of primary amines, methylamine and ethylamine; an ethanolamine, monoethanolamine, monoisopropanolamines, a diamine, ethylenediamine, 1,2-diaminopropane, a dialkylamine, dimethylamine, diethylamine, diethanolamine, diisopropanolamine, N-methylethanolamine, N-ethylethanolamine, a tertiary amine, a trialkylamine, triethylamine, triethylamine, triethanolamine, N-methyldiethanolamine and tri-isopropanolamine.
15. The waterless composition of claim 4, wherein the polymeric agent is selected from the group consisting of a locust bean gum, a sodium alginate, a sodium caseinate, an egg albumin, a gelatin agar, a carrageenin gum, a xanthan gum, a quince seed extract, a tragacanth gum, a guar gum, a cationic guar, a hydroxypropyl guar gum, a starch, an amine-bearing polymer, a chitosan, an alginic acid, a hyaluronic acid, a chemically modified starch, a carboxyvinyl polymer, a polyvinyl alcohol, a polyacrylic acid polymer, a polymethacrylic acid polymer, a polyvinyl acetate, a polyvinyl chloride polymer, a polyvinylidene chloride polymer, a methylcellulose, a hydroxypropyl cellulose, a hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, a hydroxyethyl cellulose, a methylhydroxyethylcellulose, a hydroxyethylcarboxymethylcellulose, a carboxymethyl cellulose, a cationic cellulose, a PEG 1000, a PEG 4000, a PEG 6000, a PEG 8000, and a carbomer.
16. The waterless composition of claim 6, wherein the polymeric agent is dispersible in the polyol or in the mixture of a polyol and the polar solvent.
17. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the surface active agent comprises at least one surfactant selected from the group consisting of a polyoxyethylene fatty ether, a polyoxyethylene fatty ester, a carbohydrate ester and a sucrose ester, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, steareth-2, steareth-20, steareth-21, ceteareth 2, PEG-100 stearyl ether, cetearyl glucoside, methyl glucose sesquistearate, sorbitan monostearate, GMS NE, span 20, glyceryl stearate and PEG 100 stearate, glyceryl stearate and PEG 100 stearate and laureth4; steareth 2, PEG 100 searate and laureth4, and cetearyl glucoside and cetearyl alcohol.
18. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the surface active agent comprises a non-ionic surface active agent or a mixture of at least one non-ionic surfactant and at least one ionic surfactant in a ratio selected from a) 100:1 to about 6:1 and b) about 1:1 to about 6:1.
19. The waterless composition of claim 3, further comprising a hydrophobic solvent.
20. The waterless composition of claim 19, wherein the hydrophobic solvent is selected from the group consisting of mineral oil, isopropyl palmitate, isopropyl isostearate, diisopropyl adipate, diisopropyl dimerate, maleated soybean oil, octyl palmitate, cetyl lactate, cetyl ricinoleate, tocopheryl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, cetyl acetate, phenyl trimethicone, glyceryl oleate, tocopheryl linoleate, wheat germ glycerides, arachidyl propionate, myristyl lactate, decyl oleate, ricinoleate, isopropyl lanolate, pentaerythrityl tetrastearate, neopentylglycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, isononyl isononanoate, isotridecyl isononanoate, myristyl myristate, triisocetyl citrate, octyl dodecanol, unsaturated or polyunsaturated oils, such as olive oil, corn oil, soybean oil, canola oil, cottonseed oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, borage seed oil, syzigium aromaticum oil, hempseed oil, herring oil, cod-liver oil, salmon oil, flaxseed oil, wheat germ oil, evening primrose oils; essential oils; and silicone oils, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, polyalkyl siloxane, polyaryl siloxane, polyalkylaryl siloxane, a polyether siloxane copolymer and a poly(dimethylsiloxane)-(diphenyl-siloxane) copolymer.
21. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the foam adjuvant is selected from the group consisting of a fatty alcohol, a fatty acid and a hydroxyl fatty acid.
22. The waterless composition of claim 1, further comprising an additional component selected from the group consisting of an anti perspirant, an anti-static agent, a buffering agent, a bulking agent, a chelating agent, a colorant, a conditioner, a deodorant, a diluent, a dye, an emollient, fragrance, a humectant, an occlusive agent, a penetration enhancer, a perfuming agent, a permeation enhancer, a preservative, a skin penetration enhancer, a sunscreen, a sun blocking agent, a sunless tanning agent, and a vitamins.
23. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the active agent is selected from the group consisting of active herbal extracts, acaricides, age spot and keratose removing agents, allergen, analgesics, local anesthetics, antiacne agents, antiallergic agents, antiaging agents, antiinfective, antibacterials, antibiotics, antiburn agents, anticancer agents, antidandruff agents, antidepressants, antidermatitis agents, antiedemics, antifungal, antihistamines, antihelminths, antihyperkeratolyte agents, antiinflammatory agents, antiirritants, antilipemics, antimicrobials, antimycotics, antiproliferative agents, antiparasitic agents, antioxidants, anti-wrinkle agents, antipruritics, antipsoriatic agents, antirosacea agents antiseborrheic agents, antiseptic, antiswelling agents, antiviral agents, anti-yeast agents, agents that control yeast, astringents, topical cardiovascular agents, chemotherapeutic agents, corticosteroids, dicarboxylic acids, disinfectants, fungicides, hair growth regulators, hormones, hydroxy acids, immunosuppressants, immunoregulating agents, insecticides, insect repellents, keratolytic agents, lactams, metals, metal oxides, mitocides, neuropeptides, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, oxidizing agents, pediculicides, photodynamic therapy agents, retinoids, sanatives, scabicides, self tanning agents, steroids, skin whitening agents, asoconstrictors, vasodilators, vitamins, vitamin D derivatives, flavonoids, wound healing agents and wart removers.
24. The waterless composition of claim 23, wherein the steroid is selected from the group consisting of alclometasone dipropionate, amcinafel, amcinafide, amcinonide, beclomethasone, beclomethasone dipropionate, betamethsone, betamethasone benzoate, betamethasone dexamethasone-phosphate, dipropionate, betamethasone valerate, budesonide, chloroprednisone, chlorprednisone acetate, clescinolone, clobetasol, clobetasol propionate, clobetasol valerate, clobetasone, clobetasone butyrate, clocortelone, cortisone, cortodoxone, craposone butyrate, desonide, desoxymethasone, dexamethasone, desoxycorticosterone acetate, dichlorisone, diflorasone diacetate, diflucortolone valerate, diflurosone diacetate, diflurprednate, fluadrenolone, flucetonide, flucloronide, fluclorolone acetonide, flucortine butylesters, fludroxycortide, fludrocortisone, flumethasone, flumethasone pivalate, flumethasone pivalate, flunisolide, fluocinolone, fluocinolone acetonide, fluocinonide, fluocortin butyl, fluocortolone, fluorometholone, fluosinolone acetonide, fluperolone, fluprednidene acetate, fluprednisolone hydrocortamate, fluradrenolone, fluradrenolone acetonide, flurandrenolone, fluticasone, halcinonide, halobetasol, hydrocortisone, hydrocortisone acetate, hydrocortisone butyrate, hydrocortisone cyclopentylpropionate, hydrocortisone valerate, hydroxyltriamcinolone, medrysone, meprednisone, .alpha.-methyl dexamethasone, methylprednisolone, methylprednisolone acetate, mometasone furoate, paramethasone, prednisolone, prednisone, pregnenolone, progesterone, spironolactone, triamcinolone, triamcinolone acetonide and derivatives, esters and salts thereof; wherein the antifungal agent is selected from the group consisting of a polyene, natamycin, nystatin; an allylamine, naftifine, terbinafine; an imidazole, bifonazole, clotrimazole, econazole, fenticonazole, ketocanazole, miconazole, oxiconazole; a diazole, a triazoles, fluconazole, itraconazole, terconazole, tolnaftate, ciclopirox, undecylenic acid, sulbentine, griseofulvin, Amphotericin B, flucytosine (5FC), a morpholine compound, amorolfine, and the related morpholines and analogs, derivatives and salts thereof, and any combination thereof at a therapeutically effective concentration; and wherein the antibacterial agent is selected from the group consisting of a beta-lactam antibiotic, an aminoglycoside, an ansa-type antibiotic, an anthraquinone, an azole, metronidazole, an antibiotic glycopeptide, a macrolide, erythromycin, clindamycin, an antibiotic nucleoside, an antibiotic peptide, polymyxin B, an antibiotic polyene, an antibiotic polyether, an antibiotic quinolone, an antibiotic steroid, fucidic acid, mupirocin, chloramphenicol, a sulfonamide, tetracycline, an antibiotic metal, silver, copper, zinc, mercury, tin, lead, bismuth, cadmium, chromium, an oxidizing agent, iodine, iodate, a periodate, a hypochlorite, a permanganate, a substance that release free radicals and/or active oxygen, a cationic antimicrobial agent, a quaternary ammonium compound, a biguanide, chlorohexidine, a triguanide, a bisbiguanide, a polymeric biguanide, a naturally occurring antibiotic compound and analogs, derivatives, salts, ions and complexes thereof.
25. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the active agent is unstable in the presence of water.
26. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the active agent is stable at an acidic pH range and the modulating agent is acidic.
27. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the active agent is an ester, which undergoes hydrolysis at basic pH.
28. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the active agent is a compound, which undergoes rearrangement at basic pH.
29. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the active agent is stable at a basic pH range and the modulating agent is basic.
30. The waterless composition of claim 29, wherein the active agent is selected from vitamin D, a vitamin D analog, a vitamin D derivative.
31. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the modulating agent is a nitrogen-containing modulating agent.
32. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the modulating agent is triethanolamine and the active agent is calcipotriol.
33. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the modulating agent is selected from the group consisting of sodium citrate, citric acid, lacic acid, glutamic acid, azaleic acid, ascorbic acid, stearic acid and mixtures of any two or more thereof and the active agent is Betamethasone 17-valerate (bmv).
34. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the modulating agent is selected from the group consisting of carbomer, and triethanolamine, and mixtures thereof and the active agent is selected from the group consisting of clobetosol proprionate and flucinoline acetonide.
35. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the active agent is stable at about neutral pH range and the modulating agent is neutral.
36. The waterless composition of claim 1, wherein the modulating agent is a pharmaceutical or cosmetic active agent.
37. A method of treating a disorder of mammalian subject, comprising: administering a composition to a target site, the composition comprising the composition of claim 1, wherein the target site is selected from the group consisting of the skin, a body cavity, a mucosal surface, the nose, the mouth, the eye, the ear canal, the respiratory system, the vagina and the rectum.
38. The method of claim 37, wherein the composition further comprises a polymeric agent and or a polar solvent.
39. The method of claim 38, wherein the disorder is selected from the group consisting of dermatological pain, dermatological inflammation, acne, acne vulgaris, inflammatory acne, non-inflammatory acne, acne fulminans, nodular papulopustular acne, acne conglobata, dermatitis, bacterial skin infections, fungal skin infections, viral skin infections, parasitic skin infections, skin neoplasia, skin neoplasms, pruritis, cellulitis, acute lymphangitis, lymphadenitis, erysipelas, cutaneous abscesses, necrotizing subcutaneous infections, scalded skin syndrome, folliculitis, furuncles, hidradenitis suppurativa, carbuncles, paronychial infections, rashes, erythrasma, impetigo, ecthyma, yeast skin infections, warts, molluscum contagiosum, trauma or injury to the skin, post-operative or post-surgical skin conditions, scabies, pediculosis, creeping eruption, eczemas, psoriasis, pityriasis rosea, lichen planus, pityriasis rubra pilaris, edematous, erythema multiforme, erythema nodosum, grannuloma annulare, epidermal necrolysis, sunburn, photosensitivity, pemphigus, bullous pemphigoid, dermatitis herpetiformis, keratosis pilaris, callouses, corns, ichthyosis, skin ulcers, ischemic necrosis, miliaria, hyperhidrosis, moles, Kaposi's sarcoma, melanoma, malignant melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, poison ivy, poison oak, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, rosacea, purpura, moniliasis, candidiasis, baldness, alopecia, Behcet's syndrome, cholesteatoma, Dercum disease, ectodermal dysplasia, gustatory sweating, nail patella syndrome, lupus, hives, hair loss, Hailey-Hailey disease, chemical or thermal skin burns, scleroderma, aging skin, wrinkles, sun spots, necrotizing fasciitis, necrotizing myositis, gangrene, scarring, and vitiligo, chlamydia infection, gonorrhea infection, hepatitis B, herpes, HIV/AIDS, human papillomavirus (HPV), genital warts, bacterial vaginosis, candidiasis, chancroid, granuloma Inguinale, lymphogranloma venereum, mucopurulent cervicitis (MPC), molluscum contagiosum, nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), trichomoniasis, vulvar disorders, vulvodynia, vulvar pain, yeast infection, vulvar dystrophy, vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN), contact dermatitis, pelvic inflammation, endometritis, salpingitis, oophoritis, genital cancer, cancer of the cervix, cancer of the vulva, cancer of the vagina, vaginal dryness, dyspareunia, anal and rectal disease, anal abscess/fistula, anal cancer, anal fissure, anal warts, Crohn's disease, hemorrhoids, anal itch, pruritus ani, fecal incontinence, constipation, polyps of the colon and rectum; and wherein the active agent is suitable for treating said disorder.
40. The composition of claim 3, comprising about 0.05% to about 10% by weight of the carrier of the surface active agent.
41. A waterless composition comprising: at least one active agent and a carrier comprising a) a modulating agent; b) a polyol; c) a surface active agent; d) a foam adjuvant; and e) a liquefied or compressed gas propellant at a concentration of about 3% to about 25% by weight of the composition wherein the at least one active agent is chemically unstable in the carrier in the absence of a modulating agent; wherein the modulating agent comprises an effective amount of one or more agents that are capable of impeding said destabilization and or are capable of stabilizing the active agent by chelating a metal ion such that the modulating agent is capable of reducing in the waterless carrier the availability of metal ions so the stability of at least one active agent is improved when compared to its stability in the carrier without the modulating agent; and wherein the composition is stored in a pressurized container and upon release expands to form a breakable foam.
42. The waterless composition of claim 41 further comprising one or more agents that additionally are capable of impeding said destabilization and or are capable of stabilizing the active agent primarily by modulating or adjusting the artificial pH of the carrier such that the modulating agent is capable of producing in the waterless carrier an artificial pH or an artificial pH buffering effect at about a pH or pH range in which the stability of at least one active agent is improved when compared to its stability in the carrier without the modulating agent and or by impeding ionization and or by impeding oxidation.
43. The waterless composition of claim 41, wherein the modulating agent is a chelating agent.
44. The waterless composition of claim 41, wherein the chelating agent is sufficiently soluble or functional in the waterless solvent to enable it to "mop up" or "lock" metal ions.
45. The waterless composition of claim 41, wherein the chelating agent is selected from the group consisting of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid ("EDTA") and salts thereof, disodium EDTA, tetrasodium EDTA, calsium disodium EDTA; diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid ("DTPA") and salts thereof; hydroxyethlethylenediaminetriacetic acid ("HEDTA") and salts thereof; and nitrilotriacetic acid ("NTA") and salts thereof; acetyl trihexyl citrate, aminotrimethylene phosphonic acid, beta-alanine diacetic acid, bismuth citrate, calcium disodium edta, citric acid, cyclohexanediamine tetraacetic acid, diammonium citrate, dibutyl oxalate, diethyl oxalate, diisobutyl oxalate, diisopropyl oxalate, dilithium oxalate, dimethyl oxalate, dipotassium edta, dipotassium oxalate, dipropyl oxalate, disodium edta, disodium edta-copper, disodium pyrophosphate, edta, etidronic acid, hedta, methyl cyclodextrin, oxalic acid, pentapotassium, triphosphate, pentasodium aminotrimethylene phosphonate, pentasodium pentetate, pentasodium triphosphate, pentetic acid, phytic acid, potassium citrate, sodium citrate, sodium dihydroxyethylglycinate, sodium gluceptate, sodium gluconate, sodium hexametaphosphate, sodium metaphosphate, sodium metasilicate, sodium oxalate, sodium trimetaphosphate, tea-edta, tetrahydroxypropyl ethylenediamine, tetrapotassium etidronate, tetrapotassium pyrophosphate, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, tetrasodium pyrophosphate, tripotassium edta, trisodium edta, trisodium hedta, trisodium nta, trisodium phosphate, malic acid, fumaric acid, maltol, succimer, penicillamine, dimercaprol, and desferrioxamine mesilate.
46. A waterless carrier for use with one or more active agents comprising a) a modulating agent; b) a polyol; c) a surface active agent; d) a foam adjuvant; and e) a liquefied or compressed gas propellant at a concentration of about 3% to about 25% by weight of the composition wherein at least one active agent if present is susceptible to one or more of reaction, breakdown, ionization or oxidation; wherein the modulating agent comprises an effective amount of one or more agents that are capable of impeding said destabilization and or are capable of stabilizing the active agent primarily by modulating or adjusting the artificial pH of the carrier such that the modulating agent is capable of producing in the waterless carrier an artificial pH or an artificial pH buffering effect at about a pH or pH range in which the stability of at least one active agent is improved when compared to its stability in the carrier without the modulating agent and or by chelating a metal ion such that the modulating agent is capable of reducing in the waterless carrier the availability of metal ions so the stability of at least one active agent is improved when compared to its stability in the carrier without the modulating agent; and wherein the composition is stored in an aerosol container and upon release expands to form a breakable foam.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.