Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Drive mechanisms suitable for use in drug delivery devices|
|Abstract:||A drive mechanism suitable for use in drug delivery devices is disclosed. The drive mechanism may be used with injector-type drug delivery devices, such as those permitting a user to set the delivery dose. The drive mechanism may include a housing, a dose dial sleeve, and a drive sleeve. A clutch is configured to permit rotation of the drive sleeve and the dose dial sleeve with respect to the housing when the dose dial sleeve and drive sleeve are coupled through the clutch. Conversely, when the dose dial sleeve and drive sleeve are in a de-coupled state, rotation of the dose dial sleeve with respect to the housing is permitted and rotation of the drive sleeve with respect to the housing is prevented. In the de-coupled state, axial movement of the drive sleeve transfers force in a longitudinal direction for actuation of a drug delivery device.|
|Inventor(s):||Veasey; Robert Frederick (Warwickshire, GB), Perkins; Robert (Oxfordshire, GB), Plumptre; David Aubrey (Worcestershire, GB)|
|Assignee:||Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 08, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A dose setting mechanism, said mechanism comprising: an outer body; an inner body having an external helical groove, said inner body operatively coupled to a drive sleeve and guiding said drive sleeve axially to dispense a dose set by said dose setting mechanism; and a dial sleeve disposed between said outer body and said inner body, said dial sleeve rotatably engaged with said external helical groove of said inner body, wherein when a dose is set by said dose setting mechanism, said dial sleeve is rotated with respect to both said outer body and said inner body and said dial sleeve is translated away from both said outer body and said inner body, wherein said inner body comprises an internal surface, said internal surface comprising a mechanical configuration that guides said drive sleeve to dispense said dose set by said dose setting mechanism, and wherein said mechanical configuration of said inner body comprises a spline that guides said drive sleeve to dispense said dose set by said dose setting mechanism. |
2. The dose setting mechanism of claim 1 wherein said external helical groove of said inner body comprises a helical groove having a constant pitch.
3. The dose setting mechanism of claim 1 wherein said dial sleeve has a smooth outer surface.
4. The dose setting mechanism of claim 3 further comprising a scale arrangement provided along said smooth outer surface.
5. The dose setting mechanism of claim 1 coupled to a cartridge holder.
6. The dose setting mechanism of claim 1 wherein the dose setting mechanism comprises a reusable dose setting mechanism.
7. The dose setting mechanism of claim 1 further comprising a spindle operatively coupled to said drive sleeve such that, when said inner body guides said drive sleeve to dispense said dose set by said dose setting mechanism, said drive sleeve is configured to push said spindle to act on a cartridge bung while said spindle translates in a distal direction to expel said dose from said cartridge.
8. A drug delivery device comprising: an outer body; an inner body having an external helical groove; a dial sleeve engaged with said external groove of said inner body and positioned between said outer body and said inner body; a driving member positioned within said inner body; and a clutch operatively coupled to said dial sleeve and said driving member, said clutch allowing said dial sleeve and said driving member to rotate together during a setting of a dose to be delivered by said drug delivery device, and said clutch preventing said driving member and said dial sleeve from rotating together during an injection of said dose.
9. The drug delivery device of claim 8 further comprising a spindle operatively coupled to said driving member such that, during said injection of said dose, said inner body guides said driving member and said driving member pushes said spindle to dispel said dose from a cartridge.
10. The drug delivery device of claim 9 wherein said spindle comprises at least one groove, said at least one groove allowing said spindle to translate in a distal direction to expel said dose from said cartridge.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.