Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||S-Triazolyl alpha-mercapto acetanilides as inhibitors of HIV reverse transcriptase|
|Abstract:||A series of S-triazolyl .alpha.-mercaptoacetanilides having general structure (1) are provided, where Q is CO.sub.2H, CONR.sub.2, SO.sub.3H, or SO.sub.2NR.sub.2. The compounds inhibit several variants of the reverse transcriptase of HIV, and are useful in the treatment of HIV infections. ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Girardet; Jean-Luc (San Diego, CA), Koh; Yung-Hyo (Irvine, CA), De La Rosa; Martha A. (Durham, NC), Gunic; Esmir (San Diego, CA), Hong; Zhi (Irvine, CA), Lang; Stanley (Laguna Niguel, CA), Kim; Woo-Hong (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Ardea Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 06, 2011|
|Claims:||1. A compound of Formula A': ##STR00328## wherein: R.sub.1 is C.sub.1-3 alkyl, CF.sub.3, CHF.sub.2, CH.sub.2F, Cl, Br, NH.sub.2, or hydrogen; R.sub.2 is an aryl or heteroaryl moiety which can be further substituted with alkyl, cycloalkyl, aryl or heteroaryl moieties; Q is C.sub.3-5 cycloalkyl; W is S, O, or an optionally substituted amine; R.sub.3 is C.sub.1-3 alkyl, CF.sub.3, CHF.sub.2, CH.sub.2F, Cl or Br; and R.sub.4 is COR' or S(O).sub.2R', wherein R' is NH.sub.2 or NH(alkyl). |
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sub.2 is 4-Q-naphth-1-yl or 4-Q-phen-1-yl.
3. The compound of claim 1, wherein R' is NH.sub.2.
4. The compound of claim 3, wherein Q is cyclopropyl.
5. The compound of claim 3, wherein W is S.
6. The compound of claim 4, wherein W is S.
7. The compound of claim 6, wherein R.sub.1 is other than hydrogen.
8. The compound of claim 7, wherein R.sub.1 is Br, R.sub.2 is naphthyl, and R.sub.3 is methyl or Cl.
9. The compound of claim 8, which is 2-[5-bromo-4-(4-cyclopropyl-naphthalen-1-yl)-4H-[1,2,4]triazol-3-ylsulfan- yl]-N-(2-chloro-4-sulfamoyl-phenyl)-acetamide or 2[5-bromo-4-(4-cyclopropyl-naphthalen-1-yl)-4H-[1,2,4]triazol-3-ylsulfany- l]-N-(2-chloro-4-carbamoyl-phenyl)-acetamide.
10. The compound of claim 8, which is 2-[5-bromo-4-(4-cyclopropyl-naphthalen-1-yl)-4H-[1,2,4]triazol-3-ylsulfan- yl]-N-(2-methyl-4-sulfamoyl-phenyl)-acetamide or 2[5-bromo-4-(4-cyclopropyl-naphthalen-1-yl)-4H-[1,2,4]triazol-3-ylsulfany- l]-N-(2-methyl-4-carbamoyl-phenyl)-acetamide.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.