Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method and composition for pharmaceutical product|
|Abstract:||This invention is directed to a composition comprising dry granulated tenofovir DF and emtricitabine, and a method for making same. Dry granulation was unexpectedly found to be important in preparing a tenofovir DF containing composition suitable for inclusion in a combination dosage form containing emtricitabine, efavirenz and tenofovir DF.|
|Inventor(s):||Dahl; Terrence C. (Sunnyvale, CA), Menning; Mark M. (San Francisco, CA), Oliyai; Reza (Burlingame, CA), Yang; Taiyin (Monte Sereno, CA)|
|Assignee:||Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Foster City, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 29, 2013|
|Claims:||1. A method comprising granulating a composition comprising emtricitabine and tenofovir DF without contacting the composition with a destabilizing amount of liquid water. |
2. The method of claim 1 wherein liquid water is not combined with the composition prior to or during granulation.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the composition further comprises at least one pharmaceutically acceptable excipient.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein granulation comprises aggregating the composition and comminuting it to desired dimensions.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the aggregation is accomplished by slugging or roller compaction.
6. The method of claim 4 wherein the composition is sieved to recover granules of the desired dimensions.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein the granules are retained by a 1.25 mm mesh.
8. The method of claim 3 wherein the excipient is a lubricant.
9. The method of claim 8 wherein the lubricant is an alkali metal salt of a C8-C18 fatty acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.