Generated: May 23, 2017
|Title:||Controlled-release CNS modulating compositions and methods for the treatment of otic disorders|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein are compositions and methods for the treatment of otic disorders with CNS modulating agent compositions and compositions administered locally to an individual afflicted with an otic disorder, through direct application of these compositions and compositions onto or via perfusion into the targeted auris structure(s).|
|Inventor(s):||Lichter; Jay (Rancho Santa Fe, CA), Lebel; Carl (Malibu, CA), Piu; Fabrice (San Diego, CA), Ye; Qiang (San Diego, CA), Dellamary; Luis A. (San Marcos, CA), Trammel; Andrew M. (Olathe, KS), Harris; Jeffrey P. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||Otonomy, Inc. (San Diego, CA) The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 20, 2012|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating an otic disease or condition comprising administering an intratympanic composition on or near the round window membrane of an individual in need thereof, the intratympanic composition comprising: between about 0.01% to about 20% by weight of a micronized Central Nervous System (CNS) modulator, or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; and a polyoxyethylene-polyoxypropylene copolymer in an amount sufficient to provide a gelation temperature between about 19.degree. C. to about 42.degree. C., and a gelation viscosity between about 15,000 cP and about 1,000,000 cP; and the intratympanic composition having an osmolarity of less than about 1000 mOsm/L; wherein the intratympanic composition provides a sustained release of a therapeutically effective amount of the CNS modulator across the round window membrane into the cochlea for a period of at least 5 days after a single administration. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the CNS modulator is a GABA receptor modulator or an antihistamine.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the antihistamine is selected from meclizine, diphenhydramine, dimenhydrinate, loratadine, quetiapine, mepyramine, piperoxan, antazoline, carbinoxamine, doxylamine, clemastine, pheniramine, chlorphenamine, chlorpheniramine, dexchlorpheniramine, brompheniramine, triprolidine, cyclizine, chlorcyclizine, hydroxyzine, promethazine, alimemazine, trimeprazine, cyproheptadine, azatadine, ketotifen, oxatomide and betahistine.
4. The method of claim 2, wherein the GABA receptor modulator agonizes the activity of a GABA receptor.
5. The method of claim 2, wherein the GABA receptor modulator partially or fully inhibits the repolarization of a neuron.
6. The method of claim 2, wherein the GABA receptor modulator is selected from a benzodiazepine, a loop diuretic, or a GABA analogue.
7. The method of claim 2, wherein the GABA receptor modulator is selected from alprazolam, bromazepam, brotizolam, chlordiazepoxide, clonazepam, clorazepate, diazepam, estazolam, flunitrazepam, flurazepam, loprazolam, lorazepam, lormetazepam, idazolam, nimetazepam, nitrazepam, oxazepam, prazepam, temazepam, and triazolam or combinations thereof.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the otic disease or condition is endolymphatic hydrops, kinetosis, labyrinthitis, mal de debarquement, Meniere's disease, Meniere's syndrome, Ramsay Hunt's syndrome (Herpes zoster infection), recurrent vestibulopathy, tinnitus, vertigo, microvascular compression syndrome, utricular dysfunction, vestibular neuronitis, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, or combinations thereof.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the otic disease or condition is tinnitus.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.