Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Inhibitors of Bruton's tyrosine kinase|
|Abstract:||Described herein are irreversible kinase inhibitor compounds, methods for synthesizing such irreversible inhibitors, and methods for using such irreversible inhibitors in the treatment of diseases. Further described herein are methods, assays and systems for determining an appropriate irreversible inhibitor of a protein, including a kinase.|
|Inventor(s):||Honigberg; Lee (San Francisco, CA), Verner; Erik (Belmont, CA), Buggy; Joseph J. (Mountain View, CA), Loury; David (San Jose, CA), Chen; Wei (Fremont, CA)|
|Assignee:||Pharmacyclics, Inc. (Sunnyvale, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 29, 2011|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating a bone resorption disorder in an individual comprising administering to an individual having a bone resorption disorder an irreversible Bruton's tyrosine kinase (Btk) inhibitor having the structure: ##STR00127## and a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, thereby treating the bone resorption disorder in the individual. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the bone resorption disorder is secondary to a cancer in a subject.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the cancer is a myeloma.
4. The method of claim 2, wherein the cancer is a plasma cell myeloma.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the inhibitor of Btk is administered orally.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the plasma half-life of the Btk inhibitor in a human subject is less than 4 hours.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the plasma half-life of the Btk inhibitor in a human subject is less than 3 hours.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the plasma half-life of the Btk inhibitor in a human subject is less than 2 hours.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.