Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||Modulators of ATP-binding cassette transporters|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to modulators of ATP-Binding Cassette ("ABC") transporters or fragments thereof, including Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator, compositions thereof, and methods therewith. The present invention also relates to methods of treating ABC transporter mediated diseases using such modulators.|
|Inventor(s):||Hadida-Ruah; Sara (La Jolla, CA), Hazlewood; Anna (San Diego, CA), Grootenhuis; Peter (San Diego, CA), Van Goor; Fredrick (San Diego, CA), Singh; Ashvani (San Diego, CA), Zhou; Jinglan (San Diego, CA), McCartney; Jason (Cardiff by the Sea, CA)|
|Assignee:||Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Boston, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 25, 2013|
|Claims:||1. A method of enhancing mucociliary clearance in a patient in need thereof, comprising the step of administering to the patient a pharmaceutical composition comprising N-(5-hydroxy-2,4-ditert-butyl-phenyl)-4-oxo-1H-quinoline-3-carboxamide. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient has wild-type CFTR.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient suffers from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
4. The method of claim 1, wherein anion secretion across the CFTR is increased.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the anion secretion is mediated by a chloride channel or a bicarbonate channel.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein fluid transport into the airway surface liquid of the patient is increased.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein periciliary fluid viscosity of the patient is improved.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.