|Title:||Modulators of ATP-binding cassette transporters|
|Abstract:|| The present invention relates to modulators of ATP-Binding Cassette ("ABC") transporters or fragments thereof, including Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator, compositions thereof, and methods therewith. The present invention also relates to methods of treating ABC transporter mediated diseases using such modulators.|
|Inventor(s):|| Hadida-Ruah; Sara (La Jolla, CA), Hazlewood; Anna (San Diego, CA), Grootenhuis; Peter (San Diego, CA), Van Goor; Fredrick (San Diego, CA), Singh; Ashvani (San Diego, CA), Zhou; Jinglan (San Diego, CA), McCartney; Jason (Cardiff by the Sea, CA) |
|Assignee:|| Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Boston, MA) |
|Filing Date:||Oct 25, 2013|
|Claims:||1. A method of enhancing mucociliary clearance in a patient in need thereof, comprising the step of administering to the patient a pharmaceutical composition comprising N-(5-hydroxy-2,4-ditert-butyl-phenyl)-4-oxo-1H-quinoline-3-carboxamide. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient has wild-type CFTR.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient suffers from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
4. The method of claim 1, wherein anion secretion across the CFTR is increased.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the anion secretion is mediated by a chloride channel or a bicarbonate channel.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein fluid transport into the airway surface liquid of the patient is increased.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein periciliary fluid viscosity of the patient is improved.