Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Methods, processes and materials for the production and recovery of Tiacumicins produced by culturing a microorganism belonging to the species Dactylosporangium aurantiacum subspecies hamdenensis having the ability to produce and accumulate one or more Tiacumicin in a nutrient medium comprising a carbon source, a nitrogen source, trace elements such as inorganic salts, and an adsorbent, wherein said nitrogen source comprises fish powder, and wherein said Tiacumicin is produced in a yield greater than about 50 mg/L broth.|
|Inventor(s):||Shue; Youe-Kong (Carlsbad, CA), Du; Chi-Jen Frank (Taipei, CN), Chiou; Ming-His (Taoyuan, CN), Wu; Mei-Chiao (Jungli, CN), Chen; Yuan-Ting (Hualien, CN), Okumu; Franklin W. (San Diego, CA), Duffield; Jonathan James (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Lexington, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 12, 2012|
|Claims:||1. A culture medium for the production of tiacumicin B, said culture medium comprising a microorganism producing tiacumicin B, one or more carbon sources, one or more nitrogen sources, one or more trace elements, and an adsorbent resin which adsorbs the tiacumicin B, wherein said adsorbent resin is 0.5% to 15% by weight of the culture medium. |
2. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein said nitrogen source is fish powder.
3. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein said microorganism is Dactylosporangium aurantiacum NRRL 18085.
4. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein the adsorbent resin is selected from the group consisting of Amberlite.RTM. XAD16, XAD16HP, XAD2, XAD7HP, XAD1180, XAD1600, IRC50, Duolite.RTM. XAD761 and a reverse phase silica gel.
5. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein the trace elements are inorganic salts.
6. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein the culture medium comprises 0.2-10% by weight of the carbon source.
7. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein the culture medium comprises 0.1-5.0% by weight of the nitrogen source.
8. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein the culture medium comprises 0.02-2.0% by weight of the trace elements.
9. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein the carbon source is glucose; the nitrogen sources are soybean flour, yeast extract, and peptone; and the trace elements are CaCO.sub.3, KCl, MgSO.sub.4.7H.sub.2O, and K.sub.2HPO.sub.4.
10. The culture medium according to claim 9 further comprising an antifoam agent.
11. The culture medium according to claim 10 further comprising water.
12. The culture medium according to claim 1 wherein the carbon sources are glycerol and glucose; the nitrogen sources are yeast, cotton seed meal, and corn steep liquor; and the trace element is CaCO.sub.3.
13. The culture medium according to claim 12 further comprising an antifoam agent.
14. The culture medium according to claim 13 further comprising water.
15. The culture medium according to claim 1 further comprising a starch.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.