Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Controlled release corticosteroid compositions and methods for the treatment of otic disorders|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein are compositions and methods for the treatment of otic disorders with steroid, NSAID, and/or adenosine triphosphatase ("ATPase") modulator agents. In these methods, the steroidal, NSAID, and/or ATPase compositions and formulations are administered locally to an individual afflicted with an otic disorder, through direct application of these compositions and formulations onto or via perfusion into the targeted auris structure(s).|
|Inventor(s):||Lichter; Jay (Rancho Santa Fe, CA), Vollrath; Benedikt (San Diego, CA), Trammel; Andrew M. (Olathe, KS), Duron; Sergio G. (San Diego, CA), Piu; Fabrice (San Diego, CA), Dellamary; Luis A. (San Marcos, CA), Ye; Qiang (San Diego, CA), Lebel; Carl (Malibu, CA), Scaife; Michael Christopher (Los Altos, CA), Harris; Jeffrey P. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||Otonomy, Inc. (San Diego, CA) The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 25, 2011|
|Claims:||1. A method of alleviating or ameliorating the symptoms of otic disorders selected from Meniere's disease, Autoimmune ear disease (AIED), otitis media, acoustic trauma induced sensorineural hearing loss, drug induced sensorineural hearing loss, sensorineural hearing loss due to infection, idiopathic sensorineural hearing loss, vertigo, and tinnitus, in an individual in need thereof comprising intratympanic administration of a pharmaceutical composition on or near the round window membrane of the ear of the individual in need thereof, the composition comprising an auris acceptable thermoreversible aqueous gel comprising a polymer of polyoxypropylene and polyoxyethylene in an amount sufficient to provide a gelation viscosity between about 15,000 cP and about 1,000,000 cP; and between about 1-70 mg/mL of a multiparticulate anti-inflammatory corticosteroid; such that sustained release of the anti-inflammatory corticosteroid across the round window membrane into the cochlea occurs for a period of at least 5 days after a single administration. |
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the anti-inflammatory corticosteroid is dexamethasone, dexamethasone ester, or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. A method according to claim 1, wherein the anti-inflammatory corticosteroid is methylprednisolone, or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. A method according to claim 1, wherein the anti-inflammatory corticosteroid is prednisolone, or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
5. A method according to claim 1, wherein the composition has a pH between about 6.6 and about 8.0.
6. A method according to claim 1, further comprising a delivery system for the delivery of the composition to or near to the round window.
7. A method according to claim 6, wherein the delivery system comprises a needle for delivery of the composition.
8. A method according to claim 7, wherein the needle is part of a syringe and needle apparatus, a hypodermic needle, a micro-otoscope.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.