Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Unit dose capsules and dry powder inhaler|
|Abstract:||Described is a dry powder inhaler comprising an intake section; a mixing section, and a mouthpiece.|
|Inventor(s):||Steiner; Solomon S. (Mount Kisco, NY), Fog; Per B. (Bedford Hills, NY), Poole; Trent (South Amherst, MA), Feldstein; Robert (Yonkers, NY)|
|Assignee:||Mannkind Corporation (Valencia, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 15, 2012|
|Claims:||1. A capsule for a dry powder inhaler comprising: a first keying surface on a top half of the capsule and a second keying surface on a bottom half of the capsule, wherein the top half and bottom half comprise an outer surface and one or more protrusions to lock and/or unlock the capsule; an air input hole, and a tangential airflow exit hole; said capsule having a substantially cylindrical interior shape when the top half and bottom half of the capsule are fitted together; wherein in an unlocked capsule a hole in the surface of the top half aligns with a hole in the bottom half to direct airflow into the capsule. |
2. The capsule according to claim 1 wherein the first keying surface and the second keying surface are the same.
3. The capsule according to claim 1 wherein the first keying surface and the second keying surface are different.
4. The capsule according to claim 1 wherein the second keying surface compliments a movable keying surface on an inhaler.
5. The capsule according to claim 4 wherein the movable keying surface is associated with a joint.
6. The capsule according to claim 1 wherein the air input has a ratio of long axis to short axis of between about 2:1 and about 3:1.
7. The capsule according to claim 6 wherein the ratio is about 3:1.
8. The capsule according to claim 1 wherein the tangential airflow exit leads directly into a mouthpiece of an inhaler.
9. The capsule according to claim 1 wherein the second keying surface is rectangular.
10. The capsule according to claim 1 wherein the first keying surface is triangular.
11. The capsule according to claim 1 further comprising a medicament.
12. The capsule according to claim 11 wherein the medicament is a gel, liquid or dry powder.
13. The capsule according to claim 12 wherein the medicament is a dry powder.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.