Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A nasal delivery device for and a method of delivering a substance to a nasal cavity of a subject, the delivery device including: a nosepiece for fitting to a nostril of a subject; a substance supply unit for supplying a substance for delivery through the nosepiece; and a delivery prevention mechanism for preventing delivery of a substance through the nosepiece until the nosepiece is properly fitted to the nostril of the subject.|
|Inventor(s):||Djupesland; Per Gisle (Oslo, NO)|
|Assignee:||OptiNose AS (Oslo, NO)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 09, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A nasal delivery device for delivering a substance to a nasal cavity of a subject, including: a nosepiece for insertion into a nostril of a subject; a mouthpiece through which the subject in use exhales; a flow path fluidly which connects the nosepiece and the mouthpiece, whereby exhaled air from an exhalation breath is deliverable through the flow path; a substance supply unit operable to supply a substance for delivery through the nosepiece; and a delivery prevention mechanism configured to prevent exhalation through the flow path, wherein the delivery prevention mechanism comprises first and second members movable relative to one another between first and second configurations, one of the members defining at least a part of the flow path, and the other member including a blocking element which blocks the flow path when the first and second members are in the first configuration and opens the flow path when the first and second members are in the second configuration. |
2. The delivery device of claim 1, further including: a biasing element for normally biasing the first and second members to the first configuration, whereby a predeterminable biasing force provided by the biasing element has to be overcome in moving the first and second members to the second configuration.
3. The delivery device of claim 1, wherein the substance supply unit includes a dosing unit for supplying at least one substance.
4. The delivery device of claim 3, wherein the dosing unit comprises a nebulizer for supplying an aerosol.
5. The delivery device of claim 3, wherein the dosing unit comprises an aerosol canister for supplying an aerosol.
6. The delivery device of claim 3, wherein the dosing unit comprises a delivery pump unit for supplying an aerosol, a liquid pump unit for supplying a liquid aerosol or a powder pump unit for supplying a powder aerosol.
7. The delivery device of claim 3, wherein the dosing unit comprises a powder delivery unit for delivering a powder aerosol.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.