Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Generated: November 20, 2017
|Title:||Upright image processing apparatus with cartridge holder portion and recording device between two feed pathways|
|Abstract:||An image processing apparatus comprises: an image reading portion which has a box-shaped first housing with a reading surface, and a scanning device displaceable along the reading surface in the first housing, and reads a first image on a document by relatively displacing the document and scanning device; and an image recording portion which includes a recording medium supply device accommodating a recording medium, a feeding mechanism feeding the recording medium fed out of the supply device, a recording device recording a second image on the recording medium, and a second housing incorporating at least the feeding mechanism and recording device. The apparatus is placed on a rest surface in a substantially upright position, and the reading portion is changeable in position between an upright position in which the reading surface is opposed to the recording portion, and a horizontal position in which the reading surface faces upward.|
|Inventor(s):||Yazawa; Hiroaki (Nagoya, JP), Ishigami; Michifumi (Nagoya, JP), Kobayashi; Sakiko (Nagoya, JP), Aoki; Kazuma (Kasugai, JP), Furuhashi; Masahiko (Toyoake, JP), Isshiki; Manabu (Nagoya, JP)|
|Assignee:||Brother Kogyo Kabushiki Kaisha (Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken, JP)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 25, 2010|
|Claims:||1. An image processing apparatus comprising: a flat box-shaped housing configured to be placed in a substantially upright position, wherein a pathway is formed in the housing, the pathway comprising a first pathway and a second pathway; a feeding mechanism disposed in the housing to feed a recording medium along the pathway; a recording device disposed in an interposed-space, which is a space interposed between the first pathway and the second pathway, to scan while ejecting ink droplets onto the recording medium fed along the pathway; an ink tube disposed in the interposed-space to supply ink to the recording device; and a cartridge holder portion disposed in the interposed-space and in a lateral side of the housing and arranged to receive an ink cartridge removably inserted in a lateral direction into the cartridge holder portion and having an ink tube receiving portion configured to receive the ink tube extending in the lateral direction, the lateral direction being parallel to a width direction of the recording medium fed along the pathway, wherein the feeding mechanism is configured to feed the recording medium downwardly to the recording device through the first pathway and to feed the recording medium recorded by the recording device upwardly through the second pathway, wherein each of the cartridge holder portion, the ink tube, and the recording device are disposed in the interposed-space between the first pathway and the second pathway, and wherein the cartridge holder portion is disposed in a space above an area in which the recording device moves while scanning such that the cartridge holder portion and the area in which the recording device moves while scanning are aligned in a vertical direction, but not aligned in both the lateral direction and a third direction, which is perpendicular to the lateral direction and the vertical direction. |
2. The image processing apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the cartridge holder portion is configured such that at least two ink cartridges, each as the ink cartridge, and each storing ink of a corresponding one or more of at least two different colors, are insertable into the cartridge holder portion so as to be arranged in a vertical direction.
3. The image processing apparatus according to claim 2, wherein the cartridge holder portion is configured such that ink cartridges, each as the ink cartridge, and storing inks of different colors, are arranged in accordance with an order of lightness of the colors, with one of the ink cartridges storing an ink of a lightest one of the different colors located at a top of the cartridge holder portion in the vertical direction.
4. The image processing apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the cartridge holder portion is disposed either on a left side or a right side of the housing.
5. The image processing apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the cartridge holder portion is disposed above the recording device.
6. The image processing apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the cartridge holder portion is disposed below a media loading portion into which external recording media are loaded.
7. The image processing apparatus according to claim 6, wherein the cartridge holder portion and the media loading portion are disposed on a same lateral side of the housing.
8. The image processing apparatus according to claim 1, wherein a scanner portion is disposed on a front side of the housing.
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.