Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||GH secretagogues and uses thereof|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to use of a GH secretagogue (e.g. GRF or an analog thereof) for (1) altering a lipid parameter in a subject; (2) altering a body composition parameter in a subject, (3) treating a condition characterized by deficient or decreased bone formation in a subject (4) improving daytime vigilance and/or cognitive function in a subject, (5) improving a metabolic condition in a subject, (6) improving anabolism in a catabolic condition in a subject, and/or (7) improving and/or reconstituting immune function in a subject.|
|Inventor(s):||Abribat; Thierry (St-Foy-les-Lyon, FR), De Villers; Andre (Outremont, CA), Chapdelaine; Alcide (Ile des Soeurs, CA), Allas; Soraya (Iles des Soeurs, CA), Gravel; Denis (Saint-Lambert, CA)|
|Assignee:||Theratechnologies Inc. (Montreal, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 26, 2008|
|Claims:||1. A method of improving cognitive function in a subject suffering from mild cognitive impairment, said method comprising administering to said subject: (a) (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2; or (b) a composition comprising (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said cognitive function is thinking, reasoning, problem solving or memory.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 is administered at a dose of about 0.0001 to 2 mg.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 is administered at a dose of about 0.1 mg or about 1 mg.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 is administered at a dose of about 1 mg.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 or said composition is administered by an intravenous, oral, transdermal, subcutaneous, mucosal, intramuscular, intranasal, intrapulmonary, parenteral, intrarectal or topical route.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 or said composition is administered by a subcutaneous route.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.