Generated: May 27, 2017
|Title:||Sustained-release tablet composition of pramipexole|
|Abstract:||A sustained-release pharmaceutical composition in a form of an orally deliverable tablet comprises a water-soluble salt of pramipexole, dispersed in a matrix comprising a hydrophilic polymer and a starch having a tensile strength of at least about 0.15 kN cm.sup.-2 at a solid fraction representative of the tablet.|
|Inventor(s):||Amidon; Gregory Everett (Portage, MI), Ganorkar; Loksidh Devi (Kalamazoo, MI), Heimlich; John Mark (Portage, MI), Lee; Ernest J. (Kalamazoo, MI), Noack; Robert Martin (Ann Arbor, MI), Reo; Joseph Peter (Kalamazoo, MI), Skoug; Connie Jo (Portage, MI)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 03, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition in a form of an orally deliverable, sustained-release tablet having a core comprising pramipexole dihydrochloride monohydrate in an amount of about 0.375, 0.75, 1.5, 3 or 4.5 mg, dispersed in a matrix comprising (a) hydroxypropylmethylcellulose in an amount of about 35% to about 50% by weight of the tablet and (b) a pregelatinized starch having a tensile strength of at least about 0.15 kN cm.sup.-2 at a solid fraction of 0.8 as measured using a compact consisting only of said starch, in an amount of about 45% to about 65% by weight of the tablet; said core being substantially enclosed in a coating that constitutes about 2% to about 7% of the weight of the tablet, said coating comprising an ethylcellulose-based hydrophobic or water-insoluble component and an HPMC-based pore-forming component in an amount of about 10% to about 40% by weight of the ethylcellulose-based component, further wherein said tablet provides sustained release as compared with an immediate release pramipexole formulation. |
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the starch has a tensile strength of at least about 0.175 kN cm.sup.-2.
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein the starch has a tensile strength of at least about 0.2 kN cm.sup.-2.
4. A method of treatment of a subject having a condition or disorder for which a dopamine D2 receptor agonist is indicated, the method comprising orally administering not more than once daily to the subject the pharmaceutical composition of claim 1.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the condition or disorder is Parkinson's disease or a complication associated therewith.
6. The composition of claim 1, wherein said composition, when administered once daily, exhibits a bioavailability substantially equivalent to an equal daily dose of an immediate-release pramipexole dihydrochloride reference formulation administered three times a day.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.