Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Nanoparticulate compositions having lysozyme as a surface stabilizer|
|Abstract:||The present invention is directed to nanoparticulate active agent compositions comprising lysozyme as a surface stabilizer. Also encompassed by the invention are pharmaceutical compositions comprising a nanoparticulate active agent composition of the invention.|
|Inventor(s):||Wertz; Christian F. (Brookhaven, PA), Ryde; Niels P. (Malvern, PA)|
|Assignee:||Alkermes Pharma Ireland Limited (Dublin, IE)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 12, 2008|
|Claims:||1. A nanoparticulate composition comprising at least one active agent having lysozyme adsorbed to the surface thereof as a surface stabilizer in an amount sufficient to maintain the active agent particles at an effective average particle size of less than about 2000 nm, wherein the active agent is an analgesic. |
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition is formulated for administration selected from the group consisting of vaginal, ocular, nasal, buccal, oral, colonic, topical, and parenteral administration.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein the at least one active agent is present in an amount of from 99.5% to 0.001%, by weight based on the total combined weight of the active agent and surface stabilizer, not including other excipients.
4. The composition of claim 1, wherein lysozyme is present in an amount of from about 0.5% to 99.999%, by weight, based on the total combined dry weight of the active agent and lysozyme, not including other excipients.
5. The composition of claim 1, wherein the at least one active agent is selected from the group consisting of a crystalline phase, an amorphous phase, a semi-amorphous phase, a semi-crystalline phase, and mixtures thereof.
6. The composition of claim 1, further comprising at least one secondary surface stabilizer which is not lysozyme.
7. The composition of claim 6, wherein the secondary surface stabilizer is selected from the group consisting of an anionic surface stabilizer, a cationic surface stabilizer, a zwitterionic surface stabilizer, and an ionic surface stabilizer.
8. The composition of claim 7, wherein the at least one secondary surface stabilizer is selected from the group consisting of cetyl pyridinium chloride, gelatin, casein, phosphatides, dextran, glycerol, gum acacia, cholesterol, tragacanth, stearic acid, benzalkonium chloride, calcium stearate, glycerol monostearate, cetostearyl alcohol, cetomacrogol emulsifying wax, sorbitan esters, polyoxyethylene alkyl ethers, polyoxyethylene castor oil derivatives, polyoxyethylene sorbitan fatty acid esters, polyethylene glycols, dodecyl trimethyl ammonium bromide, polyoxyethylene stearates, colloidal silicon dioxide, phosphates, sodium dodecylsulfate, carboxymethylcellulose calcium, hydroxypropyl celluloses, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, methylcellulose, hydroxyethyl cellulose, hydroxypropylmethyl-cellulose phthalate, noncrystalline cellulose, magnesium aluminum silicate, triethanolamine, polyvinyl alcohol, polyvinylpyrrolidone, 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)-phenol polymer with ethylene oxide and formaldehyde, poloxamers; poloxamines, a charged phospholipid, dioctylsulfosuccinate, dialkylesters of sodium sulfosuccinic acid, sodium lauryl sulfate, alkyl aryl polyether sulfonates, mixtures of sucrose stearate and sucrose distearate, p-isononylphenoxypoly-(glycidol), decanoyl-N-methylglucamide; n-decyl .beta.-D-glucopyranoside; n-decyl .beta.-D-maltopyranoside; n-dodecyl .beta.-D-glucopyranoside; n-dodecyl .beta.-D-maltoside; heptanoyl-N-methylglucamide; n-heptyl-.beta.-D-glucopyranoside; n-heptyl .beta.-D-thioglucoside; n-hexyl .beta.-D-glucopyranoside; nonanoyl-N-methylglucamide; n-noyl .beta.-D-glucopyranoside; octanoyl-N-methylglucamide; n-octyl-.beta.-D-glucopyranoside; octyl .beta.-D-thioglucopyranoside; and random copolymers of vinyl acetate and vinyl pyrrolidone.
9. The composition of claim 7, wherein the at least one cationic surface stabilizer is selected from the group consisting of a polymer, a biopolymer, a polysaccharide, a cellulosic, an alginate, a nonpolymeric compound, a phospholipid, zwitterionic stabilizers, poly-n-methylpyridinium, anthryul pyridinium chloride, chitosan, polylysine, polyvinylimidazole, polybrene, polymethylmethacrylate trimethylammoniumbromide bromide (PMMTMABr), hexyldesyltrimethylammonium bromide (HDMAB), polyvinylpyrrolidone-2-dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate dimethyl sulfate, 1,2 Dipalmitoyl-sn-Glycero-3-Phosphoethanolamine-N--[Amino(Polyethylene Glycol)2000] (sodium salt), Poly(2-methacryloxyethyl trimethylammonium bromide), poloxamines, lysozyme, alginic acid, carrageenan, and water soluble resins.
10. The composition of claim 7, wherein the at least one cationic surface stabilizer is selected from the group consisting of cationic lipids, sulfonium, phosphonium, quarternary ammonium compounds, stearyltrimethyl ammonium chloride, benzyl-di(2-chloroethyl)ethylammonium bromide, coconut trimethyl ammonium chloride, coconut trimethyl ammonium bromide, coconut methyl dihydroxyethyl ammonium chloride, coconut methyl dihydroxyethyl ammonium bromide, decyl triethyl ammonium chloride, decyl dimethyl hydroxyethyl ammonium chloride, decyl dimethyl hydroxyethyl ammonium bromide, C.sub.12-15dimethyl hydroxyethyl ammonium chloride, C.sub.12-15dimethyl hydroxyethyl ammonium bromide, coconut dimethyl hydroxyethyl ammonium chloride, coconut dimethyl hydroxyethyl ammonium bromide, myristyl trimethyl ammonium methyl sulphate, lauryl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, lauryl dimethyl benzyl ammonium bromide, lauryl dimethyl(ethenoxy).sub.4 ammonium chloride, lauryl dimethyl(ethenoxy).sub.4 ammonium bromide, N-alkyl (C.sub.12-18)dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride, N-alkyl (C.sub.14-18)dimethyl-benzyl ammonium chloride, N-tetradecylidmethylbenzyl ammonium chloride monohydrate, dimethyl didecyl ammonium chloride, N-alkyl and (C.sub.12-14) dimethyl 1-napthylmethyl ammonium chloride, trimethylammonium halide, alkyl-trimethylammonium salts, dialkyl-dimethyl ammonium salts, lauryl trimethyl ammonium chloride, ethoxylated alkyamidoalkyldialkylammonium salt, an ethoxylated trialkyl ammonium salt, dialkylbenzene dialkylammonium chloride, N-didecyldimethyl ammonium chloride, N-tetradecyldimethylbenzyl ammonium, chloride monohydrate, N-alkyl(C.sub.12-14) dimethyl 1-naphthylmethyl ammonium chloride, dodecyldimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride, dialkyl benzenealkyl ammonium chloride, lauryl trimethyl ammonium chloride, alkylbenzyl methyl ammonium chloride, alkyl benzyl dimethyl ammonium bromide, C.sub.12, C.sub.15, C.sub.17 trimethyl ammonium bromides, dodecylbenzyl triethyl ammonium chloride, poly-diallyldimethylammonium chloride (DADMAC), dimethyl ammonium chlorides, alkyldimethylammonium halogenides, tricetyl methyl ammonium chloride, decyltrimethylammonium bromide, dodecyltriethylammonium bromide, tetradecyltrimethylammonium bromide, methyl trioctylammonium chloride, polyquaternium 10, tetrabutylammonium bromide, benzyl trimethylammonium bromide, choline esters, benzalkonium chloride, stearalkonium chloride compounds, cetyl pyridinium bromide, cetyl pyridinium chloride, halide salts of quaternized polyoxyethylalkylamines, quaternized ammonium salt polymers, alkyl pyridinium salts, amines, protonated quaternary acrylamides, methylated quaternary polymers, and cationic guar.
11. The composition of claim 10, wherein the amine is selected from the group consisting of alkylamines, dialkylamines, alkanolamines, polyethylenepolyamines, N,N-dialkylaminoalkyl acrylates, vinyl pyridine, amine salts, lauryl amine acetate, stearyl amine acetate, alkylpyridinium salt, alkylimidazolium salt, amine oxides, and, imide azolinium salts.
12. The composition of claim 9, wherein the cationic surface stabilizer is a nonpolymeric compound selected from the group consisting of benzalkonium chloride, a carbonium compound, a phosphonium compound, an oxonium compound, a halonium compound, a cationic organometallic compound, a quarternary phosphorous compound, a pyridinium compound, an anilinium compound, an ammonium compound, a hydroxylammonium compound, a primary ammonium compound, a secondary ammonium compound, a tertiary ammonium compound, behenalkonium chloride, benzethonium chloride, cetylpyridinium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, lauralkonium chloride, cetalkonium chloride, cetrimonium bromide, cetrimonium chloride, cethylamine hydrofluoride, chlorallylmethenamine chloride (Quaternium-15), distearyldimonium chloride (Quaternium-5), dodecyl dimethyl ethylbenzyl ammonium chloride(Quaternium-14), Quaternium-22, Quaternium-26, Quaternium-18 hectorite, dimethylaminoethylchloride hydrochloride, cysteine hydrochloride, diethanolammonium POE (10) oletyl ether phosphate, diethanolammonium POE (3)oleyl ether phosphate, tallow alkonium chloride, dimethyl dioctadecylammoniumbentonite, stearalkonium chloride, domiphen bromide, denatonium benzoate, myristalkonium chloride, laurtrimonium chloride, ethylenediamine dihydrochloride, guanidine hydrochloride, pyridoxine HCl, iofetamine hydrochloride, meglumine hydrochloride, methylbenzethonium chloride, myrtrimonium bromide, oleyltrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-1, procainehydrochloride, cocobetaine, stearalkonium bentonite, stearalkoniumhectonite, stearyl trihydroxyethyl propylenediamine dihydrofluoride, tallowtrimonium chloride, and hexadecyltrimethyl ammonium bromide.
13. The composition of claim 1, wherein the effective average particle size of the nanoparticulate composition is selected from the group consisting of less than about 1900 nm, less than about 1800 nm, less than about 1700 nm, less than about 1600 nm, less than about 1500 nm, less than about 1400 nm, less than about 1300 nm, less than about 1200 nm, less than about 1100 nm, less than about 1000 nm, less than about 900 nm, less than about 800 nm, less than about 700 nm, less than about 600 nm, less than about 500 nm, less than about 400 nm, less than about 300 nm, and less than about 250 nm.
14. The composition of claim 13, wherein at least about 70%, at least about 90%, or at least about 95% of the active agent particles have a particle size less than the effective average particle size.
15. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition further comprises one or more pharmaceutically acceptable excipients, carriers, or a combination thereof.
16. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition adsorbs to a biological surface selected from the group consisting of an insect, teeth, bone, nails, chitin, feathers, scales, mucous, skin, hair, and plant tissue.
17. The composition of claim 1 in a dry powder form.
18. The composition of claim 1, wherein the effective average particle size of the nanoparticulate composition is less than about 200 nm.
19. The composition of claim 1, wherein the effective average particle size of the nanoparticulate composition is less than about 150 nm.
20. The composition of claim 1, wherein the effective average particle size of the nanoparticulate composition is less than about 100 nm.
21. The composition of claim 1, wherein the effective average particle size of the nanoparticulate composition is less than about 75 nm.
22. The composition of claim 1, wherein the effective average particle size of the nanoparticulate composition is less than about 50 nm.
23. The composition of claim 1, wherein the active agent is naproxen.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.