DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Needleless injector drug capsule and a method for filling thereof|
|Abstract:||A method for tilling needleless injector capsules with liquid drug, whereby dissolved gas within the drug is replaced by a less soluble gas in order to reduce the inclusion of gas bubbles, or to prevent the growth of bubbles during storage and thereby prevent breakage of the capsules.|
|Inventor(s):||Henry; William (Trumpington, GB), Lewis; Andrew (Trumpington, GB)|
|Assignee:||Zogenix, Inc. (Emeryville, CA)|
|Filing Date:||May 18, 2011|
|Claims:||1. A method of reducing breakage of a needle-free injector drug capsule, comprising: sparging a liquid drug with an inert gas having a solubility of 0.5 cm.sup.3 to 25 cm.sup.3 in 100 cm.sup.3 in the liquid drug to obtain a sparged liquid drug; stirring the liquid drug during the sparging; evacuating a capsule comprised of borosilicate glass strengthened with ion exchange to about 0.5 mbar; and loading the sparged liquid drug into the evacuated capsule. |
2. The method as claimed in claim 1, further comprising: forcing the inert gas through a filter comprising apertures of not more than 0.2 .mu.m prior to contacting the gas with the liquid drug.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the stifling is carried out at 100 rpm to 300 rpm.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the stifling is carried out at 200 rpm to 300 rpm.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the inert gas has a solubility in a range of from 0.9 cm.sup.3 to 5.0 cm.sup.3 in 100 cm.sup.3 of liquid drug wherein the solubility is measured at 25.degree. C.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the inert gas has a solubility in a range of from 0.9 cm.sup.3 to 1.5 cm.sup.3 in 100 cm.sup.3 of liquid drug wherein the solubility is measured at 25.degree. C.