DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Compounds and methods for delivery of prostacyclin analogs|
|Abstract:||This invention pertains generally to prostacyclin analogs and methods for their use in promoting vasodilation, inhibiting platelet aggregation and thrombus formation, stimulating thrombolysis, inhibiting cell proliferation (including vascular remodeling), providing cytoprotection, preventing atherogenesis and inducing angiogenesis. Generally, the compounds and methods of the present invention increase the oral bioavailability and circulating concentrations of treprostinil when administered orally. Compounds of the present invention have the following formula: ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Phares; Ken (Chapel Hill, NC), Mottola; David (Cary, NC)|
|Assignee:||United Therapeutics Corporation (Silver Spring, MD)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 25, 2011|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating an ischemic disease comprising orally administering to a subject in need thereof a pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of a compound of the following structure: ##STR00032## |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound melts at about 107.degree. C.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the compound has an x-ray powder diffraction pattern having a pattern peak at about 17.2 degrees 2 theta.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the subject is a human.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is a sustained release formulation.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is a sustained release capsule.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is a sustained release tablet.