|Title:||Quinazolinones as inhibitors of human phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase delta|
|Abstract:|| Compounds that inhibit P13K.delta. activity, including compounds that selectively inhibit P13K.delta. activity, are disclosed. Methods of inhibiting phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase delta isoform (P13K.delta.) activity, and methods of treating diseases, such as disorders of immunity and inflammation in which P13K.delta. plays a role in leukocyte function, using the compounds also are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):|| Fowler; Kerry W. (Seattle, WA), Huang; Danwen (Sammamish, WA), Kesicki; Edward A. (Bothell, WA), Ooi; Hua Chee (Kirkland, WA), Oliver; Amy (Bothell, WA), Ruan; Fuqiang (Bellevue, WA), Treiberg; Jennifer (Redmond, WA) |
|Assignee:|| ICOS Corporation (Bothell, WA) |
|Filing Date:||Mar 25, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A method of inhibiting a growth or a proliferation of cancer cells of hematopoietic origin comprising contacting the cancer cells with an effective amount of a compound, wherein said compound is ##STR00183## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer of hematopoietic origin is lymphoma, leukemia, or multiple myeloma.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the compound or the pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is the S-enantiomer.
4. A method of treating a condition in a subject, wherein the condition is lymphoma, leukemia or multiple myeloma, comprising administering to the subject an effective amount of a compound, wherein the compound is 5-fluoro-3-phenyl-2-[1-(9H-purin-6 -ylamino)-propyl]-3H-quinazolin-4-one or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the condition is selected from the group consisting of Burkitt's lymphoma, Hodgkins' lymphoma, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, lymphocytic lymphoma, lymphocytic leukemia, multiple myeloma and chronic myeloid leukemia.
6. The method of claim 4, wherein the compound or the pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is the S-enantiomer.