Generated: April 30, 2017
|Title:||Synthesis of UDP-glucose: N-acylsphingosine glucosyltransferase inhibitors|
|Abstract:||Disclosed is a novel enantiomeric synthesis ceramide-like inhibitors of UDP-glucose: N-acylsphingosine glucosyltransferase. Also disclosed are novel intermediates formed during the synthesis.|
|Inventor(s):||Hirth; Bradford H. (Littleton, MA), Siegel; Craig (Woburn, MA)|
|Assignee:||Genzyme Corporation (Cambridge, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 06, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A compound represented by the following structural formula: ##STR00032## the enantiomer of the compound, a salt of the compound, or a salt of the enantiomer, wherein: R.sub.1 is a substituted or unsubstituted aromatic group; R.sub.2 and R.sub.3 are independently --H, a substituted or unsubstituted aliphatic group or, taken together with the nitrogen atom to which they are bonded, are a substituted or unsubstituted non-aromatic heterocyclic ring; R.sub.4 is O or H.sub.2; and R.sub.5 is a substituted or unsubstituted aromatic group. |
2. The compound of claim 1 wherein: R.sub.1 and R.sub.5 are independently a substituted or unsubstituted phenyl group; and R.sub.2 and R.sub.3 are independently --H, an unsubstituted C1-C5 alkyl group or, taken together with the nitrogen atom to which they are bonded, are an unsubstituted C3-C10 non-aromatic heterocyclic ring.
3. The compound of claim 2 wherein R.sub.5 is a phenyl group.
4. The compound of claim 3 wherein R.sub.2 and R.sub.3 taken together with the nitrogen atom to which they are bonded, are pyrrolidinyl, piperazinyl, azetidinyl, morpholinyl, thiomorpholinyl, azacycloheptyl, piperidinyl or N-phenylpiperazinyl.
5. A compound represented by the following structural formula: ##STR00033## the enantiomer of the compound, a salt of the compound, or a salt of the enantiomer, wherein R.sub.1 is a substituted or unsubstituted phenyl group and R.sub.4 is H.sub.2 or O.
6. The compound of claim 5 wherein the phenyl group represented by R.sub.1 is substituted with --OCH.sub.2O--, --OCH.sub.2CH.sub.2O--, halo, --O(lower alkyl), --OH, lower alkyl thiol, --O(phenyl), --OCH.sub.2(phenyl), --O--CH.sub.2-- (phenyl), lower alkyl, amino, lower alkyl amino or lower dialkyl amino.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.