Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Quinuclidine derivatives and medicinal compositions containing the same|
|Abstract:||The invention provides 3(R)-(2-hydroxy-2,2-dithien-2-ylacetoxy)-1-(3-phenoxypropyl)-1-azoniabicy- clo[2.2.2]octane bromide in powder inhalant form, and methods of using it for treatment of respiratory disorders.|
|Inventor(s):||Fernandez Forner; Maria Dolors (Barcelona, ES), Prat Quinones; Maria (Barcelona, ES), Buil Albero; Maria Antonia (Barcelona, ES)|
|Assignee:||Almirall Prodesfarma S.A. (Barcelona, ES)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 21, 2011|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising: (i) 3-(2-hydroxy-2,2-dithien-2-ylacetoxy)-1-(3-phenoxypropyl)-1-azoniabicyclo- [2.2.2] octane or an enantiomer, mixture of enantiomers, or a racemate thereof, wherein an anion X.sup.- with a single negative charge is associated with the positive charge of the nitrogen atom; and (ii) a .beta..sub.2 agonist. |
2. The composition of claim 1 further comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or diluent.
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein the anion X.sup.31 is chloride, bromide, iodide, sulfate, nitrate, phosphate, acetate, maleate, fumarate, citrate, oxalate, succinate, tartrate, malate, mandelate, methanesulfonate, p-toluenesulfonate, or trifluoroacetate.
4. The composition of claim 1 which is suitable for inhalation.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein the composition is a liquid inhalant, powder inhalant, or inhalation aerosol.
6. The composition of claim 1 further comprising a steroid.
7. The composition of claim 6 further comprising a phosphodiesterase IV inhibitor.
8. The composition of claim 1 further comprising a phosphodiesterase IV inhibitor.
9. The composition of claim 2 wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or diluent is lactose.
10. A method for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic bronchitis, bronchial hyperreactivity, asthma, or rhinitis which method comprises administering to a human or animal patient in need of such treatment an effective amount of the composition of claim 1.
11. The method of claim 10 further comprising administering an effective amount of a steroid.
12. The method of claim 11 further comprising administering an effective amount of phosphodiesterase IV inhibitor.
13. The method of claim 10 further comprising administering an effective amount of phosphodiesterase IV inhibitor.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.