Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Boron-containing small molecules|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to compounds useful for treating fungal infections, more specifically topical treatment of onychomycosis and/or cutaneous fungal infections. This invention is directed to compounds that are active against fungi and have properties that allow the compound, when placed in contact with a patient, to reach the particular part of the skin, nail, hair, claw or hoof infected by the fungus. In particular the present compounds have physiochemical properties that facilitate penetration of the nail plate.|
|Inventor(s):||Baker; Stephen J. (Mountain View, CA), Akama; Tsutomu (Sunnyvale, CA), Alley; Michael Richard Kevin (Santa Clara, CA), Benkovic; Steven J. (State College, PA), DiPierro; Michael (Wadsworth, IL), Hernandez; Vincent S. (Watsonville, CA), Hold; Karin M. (Belmont, CA), Kennedy; Isaac (Bolingbrook, IL), Likhotvorik; Igor (Naperville, IL), Mao; Weimin (Sunnyvale, CA), Maples; Kirk R. (San Jose, CA), Plattner; Jacob J. (Berkeley, CA), Rock; Fernando (Los Altos, CA), Sanders; Virginia (San Francisco, CA), Stemphoski; Aaron M. (Florence, SC), Yiannikouros; George Petros (Florence, SC), Zegar; Siead (Orland Park, IL), Zhang; Yong-Kang (San Jose, CA), Zhou; Huchen (Shanghai, CN)|
|Assignee:||Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 02, 2009|
|Claims:||1. A method of making a compound having a structure according to the following formula ##STR00250## wherein R.sup.9a is H; R.sup.10a is F; R.sup.11a is H and R.sup.12a is H; and R.sup.1a is H; said method comprising: a) subjecting a first compound and a trialkyl borate to Grignard or organolithium conditions, said first compound having a structure according to the following formula: ##STR00251## b) quenching the product of step a) with water and an organic acid, thereby forming said compound. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said organic acid is acetic acid.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said quenching step is essentially not contacted with a strong acid.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein said compound is purified by recrystallization from a recrystallization solvent, wherein said recrystallization solvent essentially does not contain acetonitrile.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said recrystallization solvent comprises toluene and heptane.
6. The method of claim 4, wherein said recrystallization solvent contains a member selected from less than 2% acetonitrile, less than 1% acetonitrile, less than 0.5% acetonitrile, and less than 0.1% acetonitrile.
7. The method of claim 4, wherein the recrystallization solvent contains toluene and a hydrocarbon solvent.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the recrystallization solvent contains a member selected from about 1:1 toluene:hydrocarbon solvent, about 2:1 toluene:hydrocarbon solvent, about 3:1 toluene:hydrocarbon solvent, and about 4:1 toluene:hydrocarbon solvent.
9. The method of claim 7, wherein the hydrocarbon solvent is a member selected from heptane, octane, hexane, pentane and nonane.
10. The method of claim 5, wherein the recrystallization solvent is 3:1 toluene:heptane.
11. The method of claim 1 wherein said trialkyl borate is a member selected from trimethyl borate, triisopropyl borate, and tributyl borate.
12. The method of claim 1 wherein said trialkyl borate is trimethyl borate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.