Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Macrocyclic quinoxaline compounds as HCV NS3 protease inhibitors|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to macrocyclic a compound of formula (I) and its use as inhibitors of the hepatitis C virus (HCV) NS3 protease, and in treating or preventing HCV infections. ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Harper; Steven (Pomezia, IT), Summa; Vincenzo (Pomezia, IT), Liverton; Nigel J. (Harleysville, PA), McCauley; John A. (Maple Glen, PA)|
|Assignee:||Insituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P. Angeletti SpA (Rome, IT) Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. (Rahway, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||May 20, 2011|
|Claims:||1. A method of preparing a compound of formula (I): ##STR00029## said method comprising: reacting (1aR,5S,8S,10R,22aR)-5-tert-butyl-14-methoxy-3,6-dioxo-1,1a,3,4,5,6,9,10,- 18,19,20,21,22,22a-tetradecahydro-8H-7,10-methanocyclopropa[18,19][1,10,3,- 6]dioxadiazacyclononadecino[11,12-b]quinoxaline-8-carboxylic acid ##STR00030## with (1R,2S)-1-Amino-N-(cyclopropylsulfonyl)-2-vinylcyclopropanecarboxamide hydrochloride ##STR00031## |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the reacting is conducted in the presence of at least one reagent selected from the group consisting of diisopropylethylamine (DIEA), dimethylamino pyridine (DMAP) and O-benzotriazol-1-yl-N,N,N',N'-tetramethyluronium tetrafluoroborate (TBTU).
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the reacting is conducted in the presence of diisopropylethylamine (DIEA), dimethylamino pyridine (DMAP) and O-benzotriazol-1-yl-N,N,N',N'-tetramethyluronium tetrafluoroborate (TBTU).
4. A method of preparing a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of a compound of formula (I): ##STR00032## said method comprising: reacting a compound of formula (I) with a metal alkoxide to form a salt or the compound of formula (I).
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the metal alkoxide is a potassium alkoxide.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the potassium alkoxide is a potassium tert-butoxide.
7. A compound prepared by the method of claim 1.
8. A compound prepared by the method of claim 4.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.