Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Form of S-omeprazole|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a novel form of the (-)-enantiomer of 5-methoxy-2-[[(4-methoxy-3,5-dimethyl-2 -pyridinyl)-methyl]sulfinyl]-1H-benzimidazole, i.e. S-omeprazole. More specifically, it relates to a novel form of the magnesium salt of the S-enantiomer of omeprazole trihydrate. The present invention also relates to processes for preparing such a form of the magnesium salt of S-omeprazole and pharmaceutical compositions containing it. Furthermore, the present invention also relates to new intermediates used in the process.|
|Inventor(s):||Cotton; Hanna (Sodertalje, SE), Kronstrom; Anders (Sodertalje, SE), Mattson; Anders (Sodertalje, SE), Moller; Eva (Sodertalje, SE)|
|Assignee:||AstraZeneca AB (Sodertalje, SE)|
|Filing Date:||May 21, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating Helicobacter infections comprising the administration of an effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition comprising the magnesium salt of S-omeprazole trihydrate and an antibacterial compound to a patient in need thereof. |
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the magnesium salt of S-omeprazole trihydrate is represented by FIG. 1.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the magnesium salt of S-omeprazole trihydrate is characterized by the following peaks in its X-ray diffractogram: TABLE-US-00007 d-value/.ANG. Relative Intensity 2.67 M 2.79 M 3.27 M 3.52 S 3.82 S 3.96 Vs 4.14 M 5.2 M 5.6 M 6.7 Vs 6.9 S 8.3 W 16.6 Vs.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the magnesium salt of S-omeprazole trihydrate is in a highly crystalline form.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the magnesium salt of S-omeprazole trihydrate is in a stable form.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is in unit dose form suitable for peroral or parenteral administration.
7. The method according to claim 1, wherein the total daily dose of the magnesium salt of S-omeprazole trihydrate is from 10 mg to 80 mg.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.