|Title:||Processes of making pharmaceutical formulations of antineoplastic agents|
|Abstract:|| In its several embodiments, this invention discloses a pharmaceutical formulation comprising at least one antineoplastic agent or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and at least one dissolution enhancing agent sufficient to substantially dissolve said at least one antineoplastic agent in at least one aqueous diluent, wherein said dissolution enhancing agent is urea, L-histidine, L-threonine, L-asparagine, L-serine, L-glutamine or mixtures thereof; a lyophilized powder comprising said pharmaceutical formulation, and articles of manufacture thereof.|
|Inventor(s):|| Ugwu; Sydney (Gurnee, IL), Radhakrishnan; Vinay (Thousand Oaks, CA), Ihnat; Peter M. (Brooklyn, NY), Witchey-Lakshmanan; Lenore C. (Piscataway, NJ) |
|Assignee:|| Schering Corp. (Keniworth, NJ) |
|Filing Date:||Jul 21, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A process of making a pharmaceutical formulation comprising the steps of: (i) dissolving L-threonine in at least one aqueous diluent; and (ii) adding temozolomide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. The process according to claim 1, wherein step (i) further comprises adding hydrochloric acid, a citrate buffer, a polysorbate, and mannitol.
3. The process according to claim 2, further comprising lyophilizing said solution to form a lyophilized powder.
4. The lyophilized powder, produced by the process of claim 3.
5. An article of manufacture comprising a container containing the lyophilized powder of claim 4.
6. The article of manufacture according to claim 5, wherein said container is a syringe or vial.
7. The article of manufacture according to claim 5, further comprising a volume of at least one aqueous diluent suitable for reconstitution of said lyophilized powder.