Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Processes of making pharmaceutical formulations of antineoplastic agents|
|Abstract:||In its several embodiments, this invention discloses a pharmaceutical formulation comprising at least one antineoplastic agent or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and at least one dissolution enhancing agent sufficient to substantially dissolve said at least one antineoplastic agent in at least one aqueous diluent, wherein said dissolution enhancing agent is urea, L-histidine, L-threonine, L-asparagine, L-serine, L-glutamine or mixtures thereof; a lyophilized powder comprising said pharmaceutical formulation, and articles of manufacture thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Ugwu; Sydney (Gurnee, IL), Radhakrishnan; Vinay (Thousand Oaks, CA), Ihnat; Peter M. (Brooklyn, NY), Witchey-Lakshmanan; Lenore C. (Piscataway, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corp. (Keniworth, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 21, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A process of making a pharmaceutical formulation comprising the steps of: (i) dissolving L-threonine in at least one aqueous diluent; and (ii) adding temozolomide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. The process according to claim 1, wherein step (i) further comprises adding hydrochloric acid, a citrate buffer, a polysorbate, and mannitol.
3. The process according to claim 2, further comprising lyophilizing said solution to form a lyophilized powder.
4. The lyophilized powder, produced by the process of claim 3.
5. An article of manufacture comprising a container containing the lyophilized powder of claim 4.
6. The article of manufacture according to claim 5, wherein said container is a syringe or vial.
7. The article of manufacture according to claim 5, further comprising a volume of at least one aqueous diluent suitable for reconstitution of said lyophilized powder.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.