Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Modulators of CFTR|
|Abstract:||Compounds of the present invention, and pharmaceutically acceptable compositions thereof, are useful as modulators of ATP-Binding Cassette ("ABC") transporters or fragments thereof, including Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator ("CFTR"). The present invention also relates to methods of treating ABC transporter mediated diseases using compounds of the present invention.|
|Inventor(s):||Hadida Ruah; Sara S. (La Jolla, CA), Grootenhuis; Peter D. J. (San Diego, CA), Zhou; Jinglan (San Diego, CA), Bear; Brian Richard (Oceanside, CA), Miller; Mark T. (San Diego, CA), McCartney; Jason (Cardiff by the Sea, CA)|
|Assignee:||Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Cambridge, MA)|
|Filing Date:||May 19, 2010|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating or lessening the severity of a disease in a patient, wherein said disease is dry-eye disease, said method comprising the step of administering to said patient an effective amount of a compound according to formula I: ##STR00021## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein independently for each occurrence: m is 0-4; R.sub.M is --Z.sup.MR.sub.11, wherein each Z.sup.M is a bond or an optionally substituted branched or straight C.sub.1-6 aliphatic chain wherein up to two carbon units of Z.sup.M are optionally replaced by --CO--, --CS--, --CONR.sup.N--, --CO.sub.2--, --OCO--, --NR.sup.NCO.sub.2--, --O--, --OCONR.sup.N--, --NR.sup.NCO--, --S--, --SO--, --SO.sub.2--, or --NR.sup.N--; R.sub.11 is R.sup.N, halo, --OH, --NH.sub.2, --NO.sub.2, --CN, --CF.sub.3, or --OCF.sub.3; R.sup.N is H or an optionally substituted C1-C8 aliphatic; R.sub.1 is a C1-C6 aliphatic; R.sub.2 is H or an optionally substituted C1-C6 aliphatic; R.sub.3 and R'.sub.3 together with the carbon atom to which they are attached form an unsubstituted C.sub.3-7 cycloalkyl ring; and R.sub.4 is: ##STR00022## |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is an optionally substituted C1-C4 aliphatic.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is an optionally substituted C1-C4 alkyl.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.1 is methyl, ethyl, propyl, or butyl.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.2 is H.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.2 is a C1-C6 aliphatic.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.2 is a C1-C6 alkyl.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.2 is methyl, ethyl, propyl, butyl, pentyl, or hexyl.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.3 and R'.sub.3 taken together form a cyclopropyl ring.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.3 and R'.sub.3 taken together form a cyclopentyl ring.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.4 is ##STR00023##
12. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.4 is ##STR00024##
13. The method of claim 1, wherein m is 0.
14. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is according to formula II: ##STR00025##
15. The method of claim 14, wherein R.sub.1 is methyl.
16. The method of claim 14, wherein m is 0.
17. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is according to formula III: ##STR00026##
18. The method of claim 17, wherein R.sub.1 is methyl.
19. The method of claim 17, wherein m is 0.
20. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is ##STR00027##
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.