DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Methods and composition for inhibition of angiogenesis|
|Abstract:||The present invention comprises a group of compounds that effectively inhibit angiogenesis. More specifically, thalidomide and various related compounds such as EM-12 and its derivatives have been shown to inhibit angiogenesis and to treat disease states resulting from angiogenesis. Importantly, these compounds can be administered orally.|
|Inventor(s):||D'Amato; Robert (Lancaster, PA)|
|Assignee:||Children's Medical Center Corporation (Boston, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 22, 2006|
|Claims:||1. A method of reducing undesired angiogenesis associated with a condition in a human or animal comprising administering to the human or animal with undesired angiogenesis a composition comprising an effective amount of a compound of the following formula: ##STR00019## and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or excipient, wherein the condition is vein occlusion, artery occlusion, carotid obstructive disease, polyarteritis, atherosclerosis, Osler-Webber-Rendu disease, or sickle cell anemia. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the amount of the compound administered is from about 0.1 to about 300 mg/kg/day.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the amount of the compound administered is from about 0.5 to about 50 mg/kg/day.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the amount of the compound administered is from about 1 to about 10 mg/kg/day.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition is administered in the form of a tablet or capsule.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition is administered in the form of a lozenge, a cachet, a solution, a suspension, an emulsion, a powder, an aerosol, a suppository, a spray, a pastille, an ointment, a cream, a paste, a foam, a gel, a tamport, or a pessary.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the administration is oral, parenteral, transdermal, or topical.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the administration is sublingual, buccal, rectal, vaginal, or nasal.