Generated: May 26, 2017
|Title:||Methods and composition for inhibition of angiogenesis|
|Abstract:||The present invention comprises a group of compounds that effectively inhibit angiogenesis. More specifically, thalidomide and various related compounds such as EM-12 and its derivatives have been shown to inhibit angiogenesis and to treat disease states resulting from angiogenesis. Importantly, these compounds can be administered orally.|
|Inventor(s):||D'Amato; Robert (Lancaster, PA)|
|Assignee:||Children's Medical Center Corporation (Boston, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 22, 2006|
|Claims:||1. A method of reducing undesired angiogenesis associated with a condition in a human or animal comprising administering to the human or animal with undesired angiogenesis a composition comprising an effective amount of a compound of the following formula: ##STR00019## and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or excipient, wherein the condition is vein occlusion, artery occlusion, carotid obstructive disease, polyarteritis, atherosclerosis, Osler-Webber-Rendu disease, or sickle cell anemia. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the amount of the compound administered is from about 0.1 to about 300 mg/kg/day.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the amount of the compound administered is from about 0.5 to about 50 mg/kg/day.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the amount of the compound administered is from about 1 to about 10 mg/kg/day.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition is administered in the form of a tablet or capsule.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition is administered in the form of a lozenge, a cachet, a solution, a suspension, an emulsion, a powder, an aerosol, a suppository, a spray, a pastille, an ointment, a cream, a paste, a foam, a gel, a tamport, or a pessary.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the administration is oral, parenteral, transdermal, or topical.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the administration is sublingual, buccal, rectal, vaginal, or nasal.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.