Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Boronic ester and acid compounds, synthesis and uses|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein is a method for reducing the rate of degradation of proteins in an animal, comprising contacting cells of the animal with certain boronic ester and acid compounds. Also disclosed herein are novel boronic ester and acid compounds, their synthesis and uses.|
|Inventor(s):||Adams; Julian (Boston, MA), Ma; Yu-Ting (Needham, MA), Stein; Ross L. (Sudbury, MA), Baevsky; Matthew (Grafton, MA), Grenier; Louis (Medford, MA), Plamondon; Louis (Belmont, MA)|
|Assignee:||Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 01, 2009|
|Claims:||1. A compound having the formula: ##STR00051## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; wherein: P is hydrogen or an amino-group-protecting moiety; X.sup.2 is --C(O)--NH--; R is hydrogen or alkyl, or R forms together with the adjacent R.sup.2, a nitrogen-containing mono-, bi-, or tri-cyclic, saturated or partially saturated ring system having 4-14 ring members, than can be optionally substituted by one or two of keto, hydroxyl, aryl, alkoxy or aryloxy; R.sup.2 is naphthylmethyl, pyridylmethyl, or quinolinylmethyl; R.sup.3 is one of hydrogen, alkyl, cycloalkyl, aryl, a 5-10 membered saturated, partially unsaturated or aromatic heterocycle, or --CH.sub.2--R.sup.5, where the ring portion of any of said aryl, aralkyl, alkaryl or heterocycle can be optionally substituted; R.sup.5, in each instance, is one of aryl, aralkyl, cycloalkyl, a 5-10 membered saturated, partially unsaturated or aromatic heterocycle, or --W--R.sup.6, where W is a chalcogen and R.sup.6 is alkyl, where the ring portion of any of said aryl, aralkyl, or heterocycle can be optionally substituted; Z.sup.1 and Z.sup.2 are independently one of alkyl, hydroxy, alkoxy, or aryloxy, or together Z.sup.1 and Z.sup.2 form a moiety derived from a dihydroxy compound having at least two hydroxyl groups separated by at least two connecting atoms in a chain or ring, said chain or ring comprising carbon atoms, and optionally, a heteroatom or heteroatoms which can be N, S, or O; and A is 0. |
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein P is R.sup.7--C(O)--, R.sup.7--SO.sub.2--, R.sup.7--NH--C(O)--, or R.sup.7--O--C(O)--; R.sup.7 is one of alkyl, aryl, aralkyl, heteroaryl or heteroarylalkyl, any of which can be optionally substituted, or when P is R.sup.7--C(O)--, then R.sup.7 can also be saturated or partially saturated heterocycle.
3. The compound of claim 1, wherein P is R.sup.7--C(O)-- or R.sup.7--SO.sub.2--; R.sup.7 is one of C.sub.6-10 aryl, C.sub.6-10 ar(C.sub.1-6) alkyl, 5- to 10-membered heteroaryl, or 5- to 10-membered heteroaryl(C.sub.1-6) alkyl, any of which can be optionally substituted, or when P is R.sup.7--C(O)--, then R.sup.7 can also be N-morpholinyl.
4. The compound of claim 3, wherein R.sup.7 is quinolinyl, pyrazinyl, pyridyl, quinoxalinyl, or N-morpholinyl.
5. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.3 is isobutyl.
6. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.2 is naphthylmethyl.
7. The compound of claim 1, wherein said compound is one of: N-(4-morpholine)carbonyl-.beta.-(1-naphthyl)-L-alanine-L-leucine boronic acid; or N-(8-quinoline)sulfonyl-.beta.-(1-naphthyl)-L-alanine-L-leucine boronic acid; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or boronate ester thereof.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound of claim 1, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or boronate ester thereof, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or diluent.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.