Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods of treating fibromyalgia syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome and pain|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a method of treating fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), and pain in an animal subject. The method generally involves administering a therapeutically effective amount of a dual serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor compound or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein said dual serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor compound is characterized by a non-tricyclic structure and an equal or greater inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake than serotonin reuptake. In particular, the use of milnacipran to treat FMS, CFS, and pain is disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Kranzler; Jay D. (La Jolla, CA), Rao; Srinivas G. (Encinitas, CA)|
|Assignee:||Cypress Bioscience, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 22, 2008|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain, the method consisting essentially of orally administering to a patient in need thereof an effective amount of an active ingredient, wherein the active ingredient is at least one compound selected from milnacipran, a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of milnacipran, or a combination thereof, with the proviso that the method excludes administering phenylalanine, tyrosine, or tryptophan. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the active ingredient is in a tablet form.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective amount of the active ingredient is an amount between about 25 mg and about 400 mg per day.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective amount of the active ingredient is an amount between about 100 mg and about 250 mg per day.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective amount of the active ingredient is about 100 mg per day.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective amount of the active ingredient is about 200 mg per day.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein the effective amount of the active ingredient is administered as a 50 mg dose twice per day.
8. The method of claim 6, wherein the effective amount of the active ingredient is administered as a 100 mg dose twice per day.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the effective amount of the active ingredient is administered as two 50 mg doses in the morning and two 50 mg doses in the evening.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.