Generated: April 23, 2017
|Title:||Estrogenic compounds, methods of using and methods of administering the same|
|Abstract:||Novel estrogenic compounds of Formula I are provided. ##STR00001## wherein the bond represented by the wavy line may be a single or double bond such that when the wavy line is a single bond, R.sub.1 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, sulfate and glucoronate or other esters, and when the wavy line is a double bond, R.sub.1 does not exist; R.sub.2 is lower alkyl; R.sub.3 may be selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, sulfate, or glucuronide or other esters; and R.sub.4 through R.sub.13 may independently be selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, hydroxy, ketone, lower alkyl, lower alkoxy, halogen, and carbonyl groups and R.sub.14 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, sulfate and glucoronide and other esters. When R.sub.1 is hydroxy, the hydroxy or ester substituent may have either an .alpha. or a .beta. orientation. Compositions of matter including compounds of the present invention are also provided as are methods of treating mammals in need of treatment using compounds of the present invention.|
|Inventor(s):||Hill; Edward N. (Wilmington, NC), Sancilio; Frederick D. (Wilmington, NC), Whittle; Robert R. (Wilmington, NC)|
|Assignee:||Duramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 24, 2008|
|Claims:||1. A compound having the following structure: ##STR00008## or pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof wherein: R and R.sub.1, are each independently hydrogen, sulfate or glucuronide and said compound has the following physicochemical properties: (a) a peak located at about 1.2 ppm in a .sup.1H-NMR spectrum; and (b) a peak located at about 45 ppm in a .sup.13C-NMR spectrum. |
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein the compound is a calcium salt thereof.
3. The compound of claim 2, wherein the calcium salt is selected from the group consisting of calcium citrate, calcium lactate, calcium fumurate, calcium acetate, calcium glycerophosphate, calcium chloride, calcium phosphate, calcium sulphate and calcium nitrate.
4. The compound of claim 1, wherein the compound is greater than about 95% pure.
5. A method of treating a subject in need of estrogen therapy, said method comprising administering an effective amount of a compound having the following structure: ##STR00009## or pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof wherein: R and R.sub.1 are each independently hydrogen, sulfate or glucuronide and said compound has the following physicochemical properties: (a) a peak located at about 1.2 ppm in a .sup.1H-NMR spectrum; and (b) a peak located at about 45 ppm in a .sup.13C-NMR spectrum.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the compound or pharmaceutically acceptable salt is administered as a vaginal cream, gel, suppository or transdermal patch.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein the compound or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered as part of a pharmaceutical composition, said composition further comprising at least one additional pharmaceutically active ingredient.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the at least one additional pharmaceutically active ingredient is selected from the group consisting of estrogenic compounds, androgenic compounds, progestin compounds, vasodilation agents, calcium salts, and vitamin D, and mixtures and combinations thereof.
9. The method of claim 5, wherein the condition treatable by estrogen therapy is selected from the group consisting of vasomotor symptoms, atrophic vaginitis, osteoporosis, hypoestrogenism due to hypogonadism, hypoestrogenism due to castration, hypoestrogenism due to primary ovarian failure, breast cancer in selected persons with metastatic disease, advanced androgen-dependent carcinoma of the prostate, abnormal uterine bleeding, and kraurosis vulvae.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.