Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Peptides as NS3-serine protease inhibitors of hepatitis C virus|
|Abstract:||The present invention discloses novel compounds which have HCV protease inhibitory activity as well as methods for preparing such compounds. In another embodiment, the invention discloses pharmaceutical compositions comprising such compounds as well as methods of using them to treat disorders associated with the HCV protease.|
|Inventor(s):||Njoroge; F. George (Warren, NJ), Arasappan; Ashok (Bridgewater, NJ), Venkatraman; Srikanth (Woodbridge, NJ), Bogen; Stephane L. (Somerset, NJ), Chen; Kevin X. (Edison, NJ), Bennett; Frank (Cranford, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 06, 2007|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition containing at least one antiviral agent, and at least one compound, or enantiomer, stereoisomer, rotamer, tautomer, racemate or prodrug of said compound, or pharmaceutically acceptable salts or solvates of said compound, or of said prodrug, said compound being selected from the group consisting of the compounds of the formulas 1-21: ##STR02473## ##STR02474## ##STR02475## ##STR02476## ##STR02477## ##STR02478## |
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, further containing at least one interferon or PEG-interferon alpha conjugate.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2, wherein said antiviral agent is ribavirin and said interferon is .alpha.-interferon.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2, wherein said antiviral agent is ribavirin and said interferon is interferon alpha-2a or interferon alpha-2b.
5. A method of inhibition of hepatitis C virus (HCV) replication, comprising administering to a patient in need thereof an effective amount of the pharmaceutical composition of claim 1.
6. A method of inhibition of hepatitis C virus (HCV) replication, comprising administering to a patient in need thereof an effective amount of the pharmaceutical composition of claim 4.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.