Generated: April 30, 2017
|Title:||Modified release formulations of a bupropion salt|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to pharmaceutical compositions, formulations and medicaments comprising a bupropion salt, in particular, modified-release tablets comprising an effective amount of bupropion hydrobromide, and the use of the bupropion salt to prepare a medicament to treat a condition.|
|Inventor(s):||Oberegger; Werner (Mississauga, CA), Maes; Paul (Toronto, CA), Saleh; Mohammad Ashty (Oakville, CA)|
|Assignee:||Biovail Laboratories International SRL. (St. Michael, BB)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 14, 2007|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising bupropion hydrobromide and at least one other drug other than bupropion hydrobromide selected from the group consisting of anti-depressants, anti-anxiety agents, steroidal inflammatories, non-steroidal inflammatories, SSRIs, anti-migraine agents, anti-emetics, drugs for treating abuse, appetite modulators, anti-virals, vasodilators, anti-pain agents, and combinations thereof. |
2. A composition according to claim 1 comprising bupropion hydrobromide and at least one other drug other than bupropion hydrobromide selected from the group consisting of a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor, a tricyclic antidepressant, a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, a selective norepinepbrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRIs), aminoketones, serotonin antagonists, dopamine reuptake inhibitors, dual reuptake inhibitors, norepinephrine enhancers, serotonin activity enhancers, dopamine activity enhancers, and combinations thereof.
3. A composition according to claim 1 comprising bupropion hydrobromide and at least one other drug other than bupropion hydrobromide selected from the group consisting of citalopram, escitalopram, venlafaxine, clozapine, melperone, amperozide, iloperidone, risperidone, quetiapene, olanzapine, ziprasidone, aripiprazole, reboxetine, VIAGRA.RTM., sertraline, paroxetine, fluoxetine, gabapentin, valproic acid, amitriptyline, lofepramine, fluvoxamine, imipramine, mirtazapine, nefazodone, nortriptyline, SAM-E and combinations thereof.
4. A composition according to claim 3, comprising bupropion hydrobromide and citalopram.
5. A composition according to claim 3, comprising bupropion hydrobromide and escitalopram.
6. A composition according to claim 3, comprising bupropion hydrobromide and venlafaxine.
7. A composition according to claim 3, comprising bupropion hydrobromide and quetiapene.
8. A composition according to claim 1, wherein the bupropion hydrobromide has greater stability measured by less degradation products compared to bupropion hydrochloride.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.