Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Methods, processes and materials for the production and recovery of Tiacumicins produced by culturing a microorganism belonging to the species Dactylosporangium aurantiacum subspecies hamdenensis having the ability to produce and accumulate one or more Tiacumicin in a nutrient medium comprising a carbon source, a nitrogen source, trace elements such as inorganic salts, and an adsorbent, wherein said nitrogen source comprises fish powder, and wherein said Tiacumicin is produced in a yield greater than about 50 mg/L broth.|
|Inventor(s):||Shue; Youe-Kong (Carlsbad, CA), Du; Chi-Jen Frank (Taipei, TW), Chiou; Ming-Hsi (Taoyuan, TW), Wu; Mei-Chiao (Taoyuan, TW), Chen; Yuan-Ting (Hualien, TW), Okumu; Franklin W. (San Diego, CA), Duffield; Jonathan James (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 15, 2003|
|Claims:||1. A process for producing tiacumicin B comprises: culturing a microorganism in a nutrient medium to accumulate the tiacumicin B in the nutrient medium; and isolating the tiacumicin B from the nutrient medium; wherein the nutrient medium comprises 0.5%-15% by weight of an adsorbent resin capable of absorbing the tiacumicin B. |
2. The process of claim 1 wherein the adsorbent resin is selected from the group consisting of Amberlite.RTM. XAD16, XAD16HP, XAD2, XAD7HP, XAD1180, XAD1600, IRC50, Duolite.RTM. XAD761 and a reverse phase silica gel.
3. The process of claim 1 wherein the microorganism is Dactylosporangium aurantiacum subspecies hamdenensis NHRL 18085.
4. The process of claim 1 wherein the isolating step is conducted by at least one of following methods: 1) sieving and removing undesired material by eluting with at least one solvent or a solvent mixture; 2) extraction with at least one solvent or a solvent mixture; 3) crystallization; 4) chromatographic separation; 5) High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC); 6) MPLC; 7) trituration; and 8) extraction with saturated brine with at least one solvent or a solvent mixture.
5. The process of claim 1 wherein the culturing step is conducted at a temperature from about 25 to about 35.degree. C. and at a pH from about 6 to about 8.
6. The process of claim 1 wherein the nutrient medium comprises one or more carbon sources selected from the group consisting of glucose, sucrose, starch, molasses, dextrins, whey, glycerol, lipids, and corn meal.
7. The process of claim 1 wherein the nutrient medium is fed with an additional carbon source as needed.
8. The process of claim 1 wherein the nutrient medium comprises one or more inorganic salts selected from the group consisting of K.sub.2HPO.sub.4, MgSO.sub.4, 7H.sub.2O, and CaCO.sub.3.
9. The process of claim 1 wherein the nutrient medium comprises one or more nitrogen/organic sources selected from the group consisting of beef extract, soybean meal, whole yeast, yeast extract, soybean flour, peptone, casamino acid, fish powder, corn steep liquor, ammonium salts, casein, and amino acids.
10. The process of claim 2 wherein the reverse phase silica gel is selected from the group consisting of KP-C18, KP-C18-WP and KP-C18HS.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.